Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old February 14th, 2022, 07:26 PM
Yeah, that was where I landed as well. If I think about it too much I can still wind myself up about the whole, "We're pretty much done with it already, just need a little extra cash to put on the finishing touches," rhetoric.

So, I keep my blood pressure down by not thinking too much about that and focusing on what we DID get.

I've backed 4. Two crapped out completely, RW ended up partially completed, and one is fully completed. Terrible odds

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; February 14th, 2022 at 07:30 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 14th, 2022, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've done ~250; ~20 bombed out in some way.

Parody is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 15th, 2022, 04:11 AM
Thanks. I'm not done, though - I just had to get burned a couple of times to get it through my thick skull that I'm taking a risk when I back
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
DarkMark

Old February 23rd, 2022, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
If they had known that LW was going to abandon that pricing model for server access they could have saved a little money and just backed at the lower level, and still gotten the same deal as everyone else.
If they'd only have abandoned just the pricing model and not the whole product in the same go...
DarkMark is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 25th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
If they'd only have abandoned just the pricing model and not the whole product in the same go...
Their pricing model was the only way to keep the product alive.

That's why they built HLO, for the continuous income, since selling/supporting copies of HLC was won't pay the bills any longer.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old March 17th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that was where I landed as well. If I think about it too much I can still wind myself up about the whole, "We're pretty much done with it already, just need a little extra cash to put on the finishing touches," rhetoric.

So, I keep my blood pressure down by not thinking too much about that and focusing on what we DID get.

I've backed 4. Two crapped out completely, RW ended up partially completed, and one is fully completed. Terrible odds
Quote:
Thanks. I'm not done, though - I just had to get burned a couple of times to get it through my thick skull that I'm taking a risk when I back
Whether you like ir not; whether THEY like it or not, It's a buisness, and one that they were having issues with. I tell another dm that I don't use books, i use Realmworks, and the other DM is like Realmworks? What's that. And i say that i can actually leave my rulebook on the table for the players and I never touch it once. No looking everything up it's all at my fingertips. And i'd then tell them about it and they at chomping at the bit to run off to LWD to buy it. Most DMs have never even heard of Campaign management software.

Does HLO get most of the attention, sure. That's the one that makes them some scratch. Do they still support the classic version that I greatly prefer (as I actively DISlike all the games they do support. But that's ok. And backing IS a risk. From what I am told they normally fold before anyone gets anything out of anything. Such is life. I know several guys i would, and i'm not kidding here, *NEVER* loan money to, for example.

BTW, it wasn't long ago that they added Savage Worlds to HLClassic, so they do support older products. I've been tinkering with the idea of cleaning them out of Shadowrun 5th, since making NPC's for that game is MURDER. I won't even akcnowlage 6th. Just a godawful ruleset. Just run around naked everyone, armor doesn't matter anymore. That more work than i will do to tweak that ruleset.

Look, if you're pissed i get it. Just don't back anymore. You can only be burned so much even if the one(s) doing the burning meant every word they said, even then you risk whatever money you gave them.

Last edited by Cid; March 17th, 2022 at 11:13 AM. Reason: just had a few more things to say
Cid is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old March 17th, 2022, 11:18 AM
There have been real cons that people have gone to jail for due to them KNOWING what they promised could never be delivered. Always remember that before you take your wallet out.

In no way implying that LWD did that, i'm just saying that most studious care can still get you all pissed off because you didn't get everything you wanted. As far as calander days go all I care about is what effects the campaign. Which is this: Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter. In my worlds what we call New Year's day takes place at the beginning of sring, the end of winter.

Last edited by Cid; March 17th, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
Cid is offline   #17 Reply With Quote