Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Lauchi

Old December 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Hi,

in the Warhammer Fantasy ab files, there were very good foot notes for spezial rules or a caster table, that you could really leave your codex/rulebook at home and play only with the rooster. Is there a option that i missed, that you can display the special rules or is it just not implemented in the ab file? That would be a little bummer tough :/
Lauchi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 26th, 2014, 11:31 PM
They do not exist in the 40k files due to them potentially infringing copyright, and the decision was taken a long time ago to no longer include them to keep GW's legal team at bay.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lauchi

Old December 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Ok, sad :/
Guess i have to create my own ab files. Does anybody have some ab files with these foot notes to start with? And why do the fantasy ab file guys use the comments? For starters: somebody could just ask them, if this is a copyright infrigement...
Lauchi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old December 28th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Sorry to jump in Spack ...

Luachi - the AB40k team have been through a lot of different approaches with the rules info in the datafiles they release and over the time have tried a lot of differing approaches but with the approach GW takes at least having a decent list builder is better than having none.

It is interesting that GW don't seem to have been the same with the WFB files but only the author of those files will know the reason why that is and it may be best not to draw the attention to it overly!

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lauchi

Old December 30th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Ah ok, so you already had contact with gw and they said it is a copy right problem. I did not know that and i agree it is better than no ab file. Thanks though
Lauchi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old January 6th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauchi View Post
Ah ok, so you already had contact with gw and they said it is a copy right problem. I did not know that and i agree it is better than no ab file. Thanks though
Yes, unfortunately the 40k team have had numerous encounters with GW Legal. Not exactly sure why WFB, LotR and other GW IP never get targetted, but 40k was and so we modified our approach to remain compliant to legal guidelines around fair use and IP.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote