Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
hi all,

i have put up a new version of the datafiles with fixes for bugs people have reported :~) thx! it also has improvements for armybuilder3.2, so model list output looks nice now :~)

thx
robert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Woot!!! Thanks!!!
Yobtar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old October 16th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Awesome...your the best!!
gilvagor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
James Fiend

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Tried to download the update, get "The data files in this import file require a newer version of Army Builder. Please obtain the latest version of the product and try importing them again." (I'm running 3.1)

So this is prolly a stupid question, but is AB 3.2 going to be required for all future updates?
James Fiend is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old October 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hey there, thanks for the update.

One request though; any chance of updating the "current bugs" list too? seems that there are still issues listed for previous editions of army books...
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
milo

Old November 12th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I'm also on 3.1 and can't load the data file. Do I have to fork out for a new version of ab now or is there a way to make the data file work for all version 3 army builder clients. Otherwise it should have been called version 4 instead of 3.2
milo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Xizindar

Old November 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I also feel like the new updates are an effort to phase out 3.1 users who are happy with the gui or otherwise feel disinclined to update to 3.2. The data files aren't written by LoneWolf so there should be no reason to drop support for 3.1.

Oddly enough I find it amusing that the yearly subscription, which I was willing to pay to upgrade - required me to purchase 3 years of upgrades... nice that's more expensive than a new product. I'll switch back to spreadsheets if this is to be the status quo from here on out.

I'm just annoyed that they've cleverly hidden a little 'trick' that drops all support of new data files that they themselves don't even write. I feel stupid for bug fixing the demon data set at one point when users could actually upload data files.
Xizindar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
armybuilder 3.2 has some sweet new features like model list output, and some things that make it easier for me to write data files. u can still use the old data files if you dont want to upgrade to it, so entirely your choice.
robert is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
.H.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Not a critical issue, so i won't make a new thread about it, but this release still has Heralds of Slaanesh having Magic Resistance (1), when they should not have any Magic Resistance.
.H. is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
milo

Old November 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Quote:
armybuilder 3.2 has some sweet new features like model list output, and some things that make it easier for me to write data files. u can still use the old data files if you dont want to upgrade to it, so entirely your choice.
Great, so what you are saying is that if I want to get updated data files for new books I have to buy a new version of army builder.

Is there no way to make the data files backwards compatible within the same version? Its not like its army builder 4 and then I could understand no backward compatibility. But no compatibility between 3.1 and 3.2? That's a bit of strech IMO.

Not complaining so much at the data file author as I am at the developers of army builder, this is clearly a way to force people to upgrade.
milo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote