Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Toblakai

Old April 23rd, 2017, 08:26 PM
It would be nice to have the ability to draw a path on the map that the PC's traveled. Being able to add a waypoints for memorable events on this path would be nice too. (But can be handled pretty easily with pins though)
Toblakai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old April 24th, 2017, 06:22 PM
+1 cool idea!
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 25th, 2017, 09:28 AM
+1

though only if we have the ability to use different color/shape pins to differentiate these pins from other pins.

(Please, Please, Please give us options on color/shape of pins to make it easier to know at a glance the general category a pin represents)
GThiel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 25th, 2017, 11:12 AM
+1 - and I agree with GThiel.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 25th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I am of mixed opinion on this. It smacks of something I would expect in a VTT, something LWD has said they don't plan to turn RW into for now.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 25th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't use it as a combat aid, but I would like to be able to know at a glance where the players have been and be able to show them the map in the player view so they can remember what they have seen and what they wanted to go back and see more of. (which means another pin type to flag "player wants to go back to" places :-)
GThiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 25th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Some of that you can already do.

The revealing of smart images can use a "brush" or various sizes (and either round or square), so you can trace their path to reveal only the parts they have seen and somewhat tailor it that way.

They can only see the map pins that have been revealed, so the Players view of the map will be less cluttered than the GM's -- at least until the end. If you only reveal the ones that show their path (it is not like they need to have pins for specific rooms and encounters revealed), then that accomplishes much of what you're requesting already.

Recently, LWD added support for overlays on Smart Images. You would need to create and edit the overlay image, but you could draw the path on that and replace the overlay periodically (that may be only for the GM's use, though -- I haven't played with that yet).

That's why I said I am of mixed opinion.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old April 25th, 2017, 09:33 PM
+1 and I agree with GThiel and Vargr

Yes, some of this is already possible. Still I can imagine a several useful applications. We did play a variation of Around the World in Eighty Days once (Das Schwarze Auge: Die Phileasson Saga) with two rival groups (PCs vs. NPCs). During the great finale the groups raced quite a long distance along a route they already traveled at the beginning (thus it would have already been revealed).

A tool to easily track the factual and assumed travel routes of both groups would have been of great help. Doing this with overlays or strictly within CC3+ instead of employing some internal Realm Works tools would cause avoidable chore, at least in my oppinion.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; April 25th, 2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: More precisely.
Greebo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote