Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old February 6th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I found one more glitch. I tried to change the setting for "Location of Extracted Assets" from the default to a different folder (in this case Data/media/realmworksimport), and it ruined the import. Only 4 or 5 scenes made it in, and it didn't look like any journal entries made it in. (Lots of errors in the console naturally.) Worked fine in the default location.
I'd be interested in seeing the first few errors in the console. One of the early ones might indicate why it doesn't like the supplied location.

Did you mean that the settings panel now says,

[data] media/realmworksimport

Or did you actually select "Data/media/realmworksimport" from the folder picker?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old February 7th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I'd be interested in seeing the first few errors in the console. One of the early ones might indicate why it doesn't like the supplied location.

Did you mean that the settings panel now says,

[data] media/realmworksimport

Or did you actually select "Data/media/realmworksimport" from the folder picker?
That's strange. It worked this time. The time it didn't work it actually uploaded the files to the correct folder--it just didn't finish implementing them or the journals in the world.

It's the former path. Maybe I did the latter last time? I don't know. Maybe there was just a glitch.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 15th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Quote:
That's strange. It worked this time. The time it didn't work it actually uploaded the files to the correct folder--it just didn't finish implementing them or the journals in the world.

It's the former path. Maybe I did the latter last time? I don't know. Maybe there was just a glitch.
It's good to hear that it is working now though :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old August 9th, 2022, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure if you need any sort of heads up for this, but Foundry v10 will be on the release channel soon, and with its journal system completely revamped, there may be tweaks that need to be made to the module for it to work right. Once it's out I'll report any abnormalities I can find.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 12th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure if you need any sort of heads up for this, but Foundry v10 will be on the release channel soon, and with its journal system completely revamped, there may be tweaks that need to be made to the module for it to work right. Once it's out I'll report any abnormalities I can find.
I already have the journal code updated - it will have only one page per journal document though. There isn't an easy way to understand which RW topics might be pages within a single journal document.

Actor generation is more difficult, since each supported game system would have to be re-evaluated and tested to ensure that actors are created from the embedded HL portfolios. Actor generation for CoC7 is already working in the V10 version.

I am awaiting each game system to be converted to work with V10 before I can start on converting my importer for that game system (DND5E, PF1, SWADE)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; August 13th, 2022 at 02:30 PM.
Farling is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
SLger

Old January 22nd, 2023, 11:50 AM
Hello, i use the Realm Works Importer for Foundry VTT and i imported the .por-Files from the pc and nsc - that works, but i can't open their character sheets. Need help!

I use Foundry 10.291 and Realm Work Importer 2.7
SLger is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLger View Post
Hello, i use the Realm Works Importer for Foundry VTT and i imported the .por-Files from the pc and nsc - that works, but i can't open their character sheets. Need help!

I use Foundry 10.291 and Realm Work Importer 2.7
Which game system and version of that game system?

I haven't updated the dnd5e importer to support dnd5e v2.1.x, but it should stil work with dnd5e v2.0.x

Farling

Farling is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
SLger

Old January 23rd, 2023, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Which game system and version of that game system?

I haven't updated the dnd5e importer to support dnd5e v2.1.x, but it should stil work with dnd5e v2.0.x
i use Pathfinder 1 version 0.82.5 for foundry vtt
SLger is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2023, 06:38 AM
Quote:
My test imports seem to work properly in that version of the PF1 system.

Is it possible for you to send me the POR file as a DM so that I can test it.

Also, could you look in the browser console (open with F12 on Windows) in order to see if there are any errors reported during the import process.

Farling

Farling is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 31st, 2023, 04:59 AM
Quote:
I had somebody report an issue, but that was because the update button actually installed version 0.551 of pathfinder 1 rather than a later version.

Farling

Farling is offline   #190 Reply With Quote