Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old July 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
And I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by helpers. You should just be able to create a class ability that applies a higher armor bonus as your level increases.
Aaron is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Also, hold off on trying to mess with the Archetype for now. Let's concentrate on getting the main class working, and then we'll cross that bridge.
Aaron is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old July 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I thought the idea was to use the Aspects to save you some data entry work.

Do you have a list of which aspects you want to use and which you need to create from scratch? Because we could probably set the candidate expression of the class appropriate to pick a subset of the Aspects plus a new set of Custom abilities.

Right now the abilities you built (Brawn and Improved Evasion) are Class Specials, in order for them to be chooseable in the table you need to recreate them as Custom Abilities (which is a different editor tab entirely).
Ok, that I can do -- and I can't really use any of the aspect abilities -- they are all different in significant ways.

I'll try to build them as custom abilities instead of class specials.

Edit: Ok, I did a test in the Custom Ability tab and build a new ability (swim), copying the pattern of entries from the summoner. I did notice that the tie of the ability is to the class, not the class ability -- is this required? I'd like to tie it to the Form astral suit ability instead of specifically the aegis class.

Edit: found the problem. Embedded space in a tag.

Last edited by Quintain; July 18th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Quintain is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM
So am I to understand you've got a handle on making new custom abilities for your class and linking them to the appropriate class table?

You can't tie Custom abilities to a certain class ability like Astral Skin (they are usually tied to a class or an archetype). You can have your archetype change what's available when you make it. As I said, try to concentrate on finishing the class first, then we'll worry about the archetype's changes.
Aaron is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old July 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Aaron,

Yep, I've got nearly all the Aegis' 1 point customizations (aka evolutions) inputted in to the .user file now and when I click on the add more customizations button in my test portfolio, the entire list shows up. Working on completing the list as we speak. Hopefully I'll be done by the beginning of next week.

The reason I was asking if the customizations can be tied to the class ability vs the class is that for the Aegis, specifically, the ability of "Form Astral Suit" gives the ability of adding customizations...so there is a dependency -- given that in places of anti magic, etc the astral suit can go away.

Given that the hero lab app is a combat tracker, I was thinking this could disable all customizations if the astral suit is not equipped.

Speaking of my next step.. the Aegis class ability of Form Astral Suit is the next ability I'd like to tackle.

It's basically an ability that has 3 different options:

1) Astral Skin -- basically a no-armor configuration Gets some customizations for free
2) Astral Armor -- masterwork chainmail equip'd in the armor slot if no other armor is worn; It replaces any existing armor even if the armor abilities are better than any abilities provided by the astral suit. But they can be worn at the same time.
3) Astral Juggernaut -- masterwork half-plate equip'd in the armor slot if no other armor is worn; It replaces any existing armor even if the armor abilities are better than any abilities provided by the astral suit. But they can be worn at the same time.

Each version gains certain free customizations varying depending with version is there..and you can't have more than one version active any any particular time.
Quintain is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old July 20th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Aaron,

Can you explain what happens when you "bootstrap" something? To put this in context, I'm trying to create a "Powerful Build" custom ability for my new class. there is a "xPowBuild" that I have bootstrapped to the custom ability. The question is: what specifically does this do? Or to put it another way: what can I do with this? Sometimes things I see have bootstrapped abilities, and other times not.

Thanks.

Last edited by Quintain; July 21st, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Quintain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
repair

Old August 25th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Ok I have created a custom class and added the secondary ability of aspects
I selected AllowC2nd.ChelpSum but it says nothing to chouse from when i click the box. is anyone able to give me some help?
repair is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Summoners don't have secondary abilities to checking that doesn't work, you'll have to overwrite the expression. Check out the archeologist archetype to see how to do this, you'll just have to change it from using Rogue or Ninja abilities, to Summoner ones.
AndrewD2 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote