Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I am looking at some of the characters already released for the M&M3e ruleset in its other incarnation (I won't go into the specific characters) and I've noticed that some of them seem difficult, or at the very least non-intuitive, in HL. For example, combining Immunities, Impervious Toughness and Protection into the same power seems rather difficult to figure especially if you want to get the numbers right. I also noticed that some powers like Ranged Damage don't seem to be there yet.

Does anyone know just how this will work when the full version of 3e comes out next month?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
For combining those items into the same power, you should be able to select Multiple Effects and then add the individual powers. As for Ranged Damage... you mean Blast? Or Damage with Extra: Increased Range?

Incidentally, the Archetypes are in the Stock characters. The DC Characters are not, of course, licensing and all that.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
For combining those items into the same power, you should be able to select Multiple Effects and then add the individual powers. As for Ranged Damage... you mean Blast? Or Damage with Extra: Increased Range?
The character sheet I'm looking at describes the power as Ranged Damage. It's obviously a subset of the Damage power, but I can't find it in the Index of the book I have, nor can I find it in the description of the Damage power itself. At least according to the character sheets I'm working with it's not Blast.

Perhaps the M&M3e core rules will clarify this somewhat.

Last edited by MPHopcroft; December 8th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
MPHopcroft is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old December 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft View Post
The character sheet I'm looking at describes the power as Ranged Damage. It's obviously a subset of the Damage power, but I can't find it in the Index of the book I have, nor can I find it in the description of the Damage power itself. At least according to the character sheets I'm working with it's not Blast.

Perhaps the M&M3e core rules will clarify this somewhat.
That's just the Damage effect with the Increased Range extra.

Or you could buy the 'shortcut' power "Blast".
Shadowchaser is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Old December 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
That's just the Damage effect with the Increased Range extra.

Or you could buy the 'shortcut' power "Blast".
Which makes me wonder why the writeups I've seen don't simply call it a Blast. They must have a reason, but I can't think of it. One explanation is that a Blast can't be based on STR, but in the examples they wouldn't be based off STR either -- at least not logically.
MPHopcroft is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft View Post
Which makes me wonder why the writeups I've seen don't simply call it a Blast. They must have a reason, but I can't think of it. One explanation is that a Blast can't be based on STR, but in the examples they wouldn't be based off STR either -- at least not logically.
Because blast is an exemplar constructed power (damage with the increased range extra), not a base power.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote