Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Gumbytie

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Well I'll be d*mned it certainly is.

We might want to update the Common Code examples to mention that. It isn't very clear upon re-reading. If we are used to making Gear separators (which are not dynamic) there would be no reason to suspect that Vehicles are not quite the same

I have been away for quite awhile after a dead computer mishap and finally getting back to coding and updating my user files, hence all the new activity from me...
Gumbytie is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
It's not clear in that thread because I didn't know! I also just assumed it was like gear (I've just learned this stuff from playing around, too, I'm not LWD staff let alone an HL coding guru like Mathias.) I'll update it to mention that, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; June 19th, 2014 at 03:15 AM.
zarlor is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:27 PM
No worries Zarlor. It was a learning night for both of us mate

I will say that while I can 'add' any additional vehicle type (cool), only Aircraft seems to inherit the 'Climb' tag. I have a mention about Acc/Top Speed/Climb in the Bugs thread.

Since I made up a Spacecraft type, it doesn't reflect 'Climb' field value. Seems to me, all three should be made available to all vehicle types, and if they are not necessary, leaving them blank would keep them hidden, or something to that affect.

If I was doing an underwater type campaign, I might want 'Climb' to be tracked for fast moving submersibles.
Gumbytie is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
thequestingvole

Old August 7th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I'm a relatively new Herolab user. I picked up the Savage World build and thought it was excellent, really top notch. Frankly I'm not entirely sure how I ever got by without it. These may be stupid questions - or things that are already built into the program, but if they aren't, they are things I would like to see.

Would it be possible to add a unit builder for Savage Worlds Showdown?
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet? I used to hand write my monsters onto business cards for ease of reference. I found trying to flip through sheets of A4 a bit difficult.

With my hand written monsters I generally put them in card sleeves - the ability to print a bunch of them quickly would be very useful.
thequestingvole is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old August 7th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestingvole View Post
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet?
I second this request! I printed up my "bosses" but all the grunts were copied by hand to notecards.
ledeir is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 7th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestingvole View Post
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet? I used to hand write my monsters onto business cards for ease of reference.
There are some alternate output formats. What about File -> Output Hero Statblock?

Or File -> Save Custom Output... and maybe selecting Simple Statblock?

Any of those work for what you're looking for?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Myridden

Old August 10th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Per Mathias' suggestion I'd like to request fixed-race minions, which he says "What that will allow is that you can add a bootstrap of the race to the <minion> entry - currently, you can add that bootstrap, but it will generate lots of errors, and it'll still offer you a choice of races along the top (which allows you to get to the unexpected state of having two races on the same character, which could have all sorts of unforeseen consequences)"

Also I'd like to request that an "Ally Helper" tab (compset="Ally") be added to the editor, so that we have a place to create new items like mscFamiliar.
+1 In my case I'm looking to set a specific creature type with a bootstrapped ally from an edge.
Myridden is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 12th, 2014, 02:31 PM
In the SPC, I'd like to see a generic +/- modifier to power costs, at least up to +/-4.

Some GMs and settings add homebrewed or otherwise new modifiers not in the books, and I'd like to see a way to reflect those modifiers in the point costs.

Last edited by EricaOdd; August 12th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
EricaOdd is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOdd View Post
In the SPC, I'd like to see a generic +/- modifier to power costs, at least up to +/-4.

Some GMs and settings add homebrewed or otherwise new modifiers not in the books, and I'd like to see a way to reflect those modifiers in the point costs.
+1 there, too. I've also just run into this and doing it in the Editor can be pretty hefty to work on because of having to go to each power to allow that modifier on it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 13th, 2014, 06:20 PM
z, I would think that most Mower Modifiers added would only apply to a Power or two. It's only an issue if you want to add it all Powers. And there are ways around that ::grin::.
That's what the Editor is for, after all. Adding homebrew stuff.
As far as a Generic Modifier, I'll see what I can do.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #110 Reply With Quote