Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarkSigurd

Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Now that we are actually playing in game, it has come up that a few other gestalt types are needed. We need a Fighter/Wizard, a Fighter/Cleric, and a Fighter/Bard. Apparently everyone is using a Fighter base for their builds. Not really sure why, but I have been asked to request these builds. I would build them myself, but I have am getting nowhere trying to figure out how to code these things. Someone, please, can you help me again?
DarkSigurd is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Adding the Fighter to another class seems to be the easiest of all for me so far. Everything works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

I've already added the Fighter to the Inquisitor, Cleric, Monk, and Rogue. I could look at doing the Bard and Wizard next.
lifer4700 is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Fighter is a great add to a Gestalt - you get all the benefits of the other class, plus the fast BAB progression and martial weapon proficiency of the fighter.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
I've added Fighter to a few classes. Here's my current list.

Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Inquisitor
Monk
Rogue
Sorcerer
Wizard

Under each of these classes, you will find the "Gestalt Fighter" archetype.

This is version 2012.12.22a
Attached Files
File Type: email L47_Gestalt_Archetypes.user (47.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by lifer4700; December 22nd, 2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Added a version to the file, internally.
lifer4700 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Fighter is a great add to a Gestalt - you get all the benefits of the other class, plus the fast BAB progression and martial weapon proficiency of the fighter.
Let us not forget the armor proficiency and the bonuses vs fear from Bravery. And thanks for the file Lifer4700. You have just saved my sanity. Not that I had much to begin with.
DarkSigurd is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 24th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Now, another friend is asking for a Rouge/Ranger build. I think they think I am the one building these. I am just going to start pointing them at these forums and saying "Ask for yourself!"
DarkSigurd is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 25th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Well, here's the next version.

Unlike Mowgli's version, I still have not done any work with Abilities or Spells yet, so the Rogue Talents and Rage Powers do not correctly detect level.

For example, when you're level 10, and your rogue half allows the advanced talents (e.g.: Crippling Strike, Another Day), the software still shows them greyed out, since you technically don't have any rogue levels. Just go ahead and select them anyway.

The solution for this is known, it simply requires a lot of tedious work that I just haven't taken the time to do.

Anyway, enjoy!

Version: 2012.12.25a

This version adds in three more gestalt combinations:
Oracle/Barbarian
Ranger/Rogue
Sorcerer/Rogue
Attached Files
File Type: email L47_Gestalt_Archetypes.user (62.4 KB, 27 views)
lifer4700 is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Thank you yet again sir.
DarkSigurd is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Gamepsych

Old January 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I found a post by ShadowChemosh about creating a "gestalt" class and was wondering if anyone had tried this yet? Essentially making gestalt a class in itself that would allow you to add a level of each class, then a "level" of gestalt that would rebalance the character's level, BAB, saves, HD, and skill points to where it should be on a normal gestalt. This seems like a brilliant idea to me as it would save a lot in creating specific combinations of classes but I'm not sure if it's possible to even do with the editor alone.

P.S I'm new to the HL community, so if I should put this post elsewhere I will. This just seemed to be the most recently active gestalt thread and made the most sense to ask here.
Gamepsych is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old January 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
As far as I know, there is no easy way.

I agree that being able to simply select both classes, then pick a "Gestalt" option somewhere that does all the figuring would be ideal, but unfortunately, I don't think any progress has been made on a User Community solution, and an formal solution from Wolf Lair will not be forthcoming, since Gestalt rules are not Paizo Pathfinder official, and they have other things that take priority.

Until then, the Archetype approach seems to be the best option.
lifer4700 is offline   #70 Reply With Quote