Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Dhrakken

Old February 13th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I've started a converter for Fantasy Grounds. It takes the JSON of a character and creates the XML that can then be imported into FG. It only does basic things right now. Skills, Abilities, personal information (homeworld, name, gender, etc.)

You can find my code here:
https://github.com/BoomerET/hlosf2fg

At this moment, I'm thinking of moving over to the API. Looking at docs.

Dave
Hey BoomerET, can you take a look at the attached JSON and XML file and see why so much of the JSON content is missing from the XML output?
Attached Files
File Type: zip High Five.zip (62.0 KB, 3 views)
Dhrakken is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
slate

Old February 13th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Hey BoomerET, can you take a look at the attached JSON and XML file and see why so much of the JSON content is missing from the XML output?
You should probably contact him via github by filing an issue
slate is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
mwd

Old April 24th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Is there a timeline for when Pathfinder 1e will come to the API?
mwd is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Blueface

Old October 14th, 2022, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwd View Post
Is there a timeline for when Pathfinder 1e will come to the API?
I'm waiting desperately.

I REALLY would like to use Hero Lab as my character- and NPC-Adminstration Tool. That way, I can do all the character (and encounter-)building and adminsitration in one single app.

But that only works well, if you have any kind of interface (API) with common VTTs. More an more gamers use VTTs, so this should be a market.

With a propper interface I could administrate my PCs in Hero Lab and send rolls to Roll20 and Foundry, for example. That would be awsome.

Pathfinder 1E, Pathfinder 2E and Starfinder should all be supported by that API.

Maybe you could lunch a crowdfunding-campaign to get this done.

Best scenario: We have alle the Pathfinder 1E adventurepath-material in Hero Lab and can send rolls oder character sheets to a Roll20 game. No more tiring setup in Roll20. Just set up maps and lighting and "roll for it" :-)

Thanks!
Blueface is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old October 14th, 2022, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I'm waiting desperately.

I REALLY would like to use Hero Lab as my character- and NPC-Adminstration Tool. That way, I can do all the character (and encounter-)building and adminsitration in one single app.

But that only works well, if you have any kind of interface (API) with common VTTs. More an more gamers use VTTs, so this should be a market.

With a propper interface I could administrate my PCs in Hero Lab and send rolls to Roll20 and Foundry, for example. That would be awsome.

Pathfinder 1E, Pathfinder 2E and Starfinder should all be supported by that API.

Maybe you could lunch a crowdfunding-campaign to get this done.

Best scenario: We have alle the Pathfinder 1E adventurepath-material in Hero Lab and can send rolls oder character sheets to a Roll20 game. No more tiring setup in Roll20. Just set up maps and lighting and "roll for it" :-)

Thanks!
Warning - I have NO official insight or information.

I honestly think Paizo forced a non-disclosure so Lone Wolf can't technically say (hence the LONG silences on any question to PF1 support), but PF1 integration is never going to happen.

PF2E is the premier official integration for Foundry VTT, and honestly is really smooth. Supporting two systems is twice the cost. Adding new features amplifies this.

Why would they help enable essentially a competitor to their own flagship product?

I think the only reason we even have PF1 in Hero Lab Online today is timing of it and since it was already in there and working, no sense in ripping it out to backlash, but if Paizo had its way, it would be gone from here.

I'd love to be wrong, but the more I've learned about Paizo and the people running that show, the less I respect them and their practices.
djc664 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old October 16th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Warning - I have NO official insight or information.

I honestly think Paizo forced a non-disclosure so Lone Wolf can't technically say (hence the LONG silences on any question to PF1 support), but PF1 integration is never going to happen.

PF2E is the premier official integration for Foundry VTT, and honestly is really smooth. Supporting two systems is twice the cost. Adding new features amplifies this.

Why would they help enable essentially a competitor to their own flagship product?

I think the only reason we even have PF1 in Hero Lab Online today is timing of it and since it was already in there and working, no sense in ripping it out to backlash, but if Paizo had its way, it would be gone from here.

I'd love to be wrong, but the more I've learned about Paizo and the people running that show, the less I respect them and their practices.
That is so weird that you feel they will not support PF1, I mean they just released pocket editions of some of the older PF1 books I beleive. Plus they announced Print on demand on DriveThruRpg.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...-PrintonDemand

Seems like they are still supporting it. Right there is no new content besides third party stuff but that is to be expected.
marroon69 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old November 17th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
That is so weird that you feel they will not support PF1, I mean they just released pocket editions of some of the older PF1 books I beleive. Plus they announced Print on demand on DriveThruRpg.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...-PrintonDemand

Seems like they are still supporting it. Right there is no new content besides third party stuff but that is to be expected.
Print on demand means they uploaded their raw files to a third party who will print, bind, and ship a book to you for them when you order it. They do nothing besides take your money.

Buying the books is exactly the same as today with their PDFs anyway. No impact.

Making it easy to adopt PF1 in Foundry equal-to-or-over PF2 in Foundry? That could have an adoption impact to PF2. Apples and Oranges, really.

Paizo is always happy to take your money when it doesn't eat its own lunch, as any business does.
djc664 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote