Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2019, 08:59 AM
What Parody says is correct. We have been unable to reproduce your crash but are still looking into it, anything you can provide to aid us would be of help.
BJ is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old July 5th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Found another set off mislinked areas;

In the Catacombs of Wrath -

Areas B4 and B5 link to the wrong locations.

Doesnt take much to relink them correctly... but still caused me to stop and think mid game!
:-)
Happydevil43 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 6th, 2021, 01:45 PM
I know this is a long defunct thread, but I am just wondering if anyone who has this content can pass comment on how good it is now?

I have just started running ROTRL, and am manually putting things into RealmWorks (which despite the ongoing saga is still an amazing product that I could not imagine trying to GM without!). This of course takes a long time - which I am struggling to find. The big question is: is it worth shelling out $77 for (I have a hardcopy, but not PDF so need to buy that too).

My next question is more functional - once I buy it and download it, does it become my realm that I can edit to suit my players, add in side quests and new NPC's etc? I would assume so, but I got burned recently by a misunderstanding when buying the Encounter Library for ROTL.

Many thanks
stuartwaring is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 7th, 2021, 05:37 AM
Once you purchase the realm from LW, it is yours to modify and use for your players however you wish. Additionally, the original realm can be downloaded and used as often as you wish, so if you modify it and use it once but want to start fresh with a new copy you can download it again.

The only caveat is that you cannot export/import the copywritten portions of the realm. So if you try to export, you'll get an export of only the additions you've made to the realm, not the entire thing.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 7th, 2021, 08:40 PM
OK, so I took the plunge, and the level of detail is impressive. It is however not organised in the way I would like, so I would like to move things around.

An example is the NPC Shalelu Andosana - who is recurring throughout the story. Any links to her name direct you to the entry "Grim News From Mirkwood".

I would like to create a new Topic for her, and then redirect any links to that new topic. Is there a reasonably straightforward way to do this?

Thanks
stuartwaring is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 8th, 2021, 02:58 AM
That I'm not sure about. I want to say that there is, but scanning and redirecting links isn't something I've played around with yet.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 11th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
OK, so I took the plunge, and the level of detail is impressive. It is however not organised in the way I would like, so I would like to move things around.

An example is the NPC Shalelu Andosana - who is recurring throughout the story. Any links to her name direct you to the entry "Grim News From Mirkwood".

I would like to create a new Topic for her, and then redirect any links to that new topic. Is there a reasonably straightforward way to do this?

Thanks
From the "Grim News..." article you can see all the incoming links, so you should be able to go into each of those articles and relink to the new topic. You might have to manually remove the old link first, but I'm not sure on that point.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 14th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the ideas, but I found a faster way - when on a topic click Content Pane Options (Hammer & Spanner) > Quick Edit Content > Clear All Content Links and Rescan

Redirected everything where I wanted it!
stuartwaring is offline   #48 Reply With Quote