Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zerzix

Old April 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Hello All,

Had 2 questions:

I have been working on a "savage species: conversion for pathfinder (pdf here:Bestiary Levels

I have been working on converting them to Hero Lab and had a "ah ha!" moment and have been picking up the pace on them.

Q1: Just curious if there is any interest for me to post the user file?

Q2: I know not many people have probably looked into the Class, Monster Tab...but can anyone answer me how "Normal" classes gain the ability to alternate from one class to another each level? My issue is I'd like to be able to take a class of "Fire Giant" then next level take "Fighter" but so far as I create the Race Classes it only allows me to take ALL the monster levels before going to something else (does this question even make sense?)
zerzix is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerzix View Post
Race Classes it only allows me to take ALL the monster levels before going to something else (does this question even make sense?)
I think the only way is to make them "normal classes", because mechanically they are more like normal fighter classes (etc) than a Race with racial hit dice.

The only complexity is that some Racial class levels would have multiple hit dice (if I recall.) I'm not sure how to do this. My first thought is to load a template that grants a HD by the racial class.
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
As I recall, the Monster levels mechanic was added in 3.5, when the rule was that you had to take ALL monster levels before you could start taking class levels. Since PF never adopted this system, we just left it that way.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zerzix

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the quick response, you guys rock!

Ok - that begs the question of If I do make them "normal" classes, how to I "turn off" the race tab? Since I don't want people to select lets say Red Dragon Class, but then select Human Race and get humans bonus on top of Dragons?

Last edited by zerzix; April 8th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
zerzix is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I don't think you can Turn off the race selector on the Background tab, but you can probably work around it. Make a dummy race which you can bootstrap to your class, then add an eval rule to the class helper which requires Exactly 1 race?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zerzix

Old April 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM
OOOhh, I like I like! Thanks!
zerzix is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
senjak

Old July 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Did you have any luck with that? I'm just getting started with playing with monster classes, and would love to look at tips.
senjak is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarberg

Old May 10th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Was there anything ever done with this? I'm planning a home game right now and my GF would love to play a Nymph
zarberg is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I started on one of the races, the Vampire. Last I worked on it was in December (I think). I had ran out of time as I was busy with school. I still am, but having them be actual classes of their own worked better. You can have them require a race if you want, too. So you have a race, like Dragon, and a class for Dragon, and an archetype for each color. Or just a full class for each color if that is easier for you.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote