Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2014, 03:02 PM
A new version of Realm Works is now available as an automatic update within Realm Works. This update includes a few enhancements and a number of bug fixes. It addresses sync errors some users were experiencing, due to the faulty sync handling of a specific type of data. A full list of bug fixes can be found in the Release Notes within Realm Works.

Special Note Items
  • While the primary interface methods for journals were removed, we inadvertently provided the means to access journals through alternate paths within the product. Journals are not currently supported, as we plan to completely revise how they are handled, so these alternate paths have now been removed. If you leveraged one of these paths to access the unsupported journals feature, you will no longer be able to access any journals you’ve created. Your journals still exist and will continue to be part of your realm, but you will not have access to them until we complete the planned overhaul of the journals feature and again make them available in a future release.

Enhancements and Changes
  • Pushing the mouse scroll wheel and moving the mouse now pans images appropriately.
  • The background area of smart images is now black when shown within Player View.
  • Revealed pins that lie outside the revealed region of a smart image are now shown in empty space, with the extent of the smart image being expanded to encompass the pins.
  • When showing a topic/article within Player View, all section numbering has been removed and replaced with bullets so that players cannot glean meta-gaming knowledge from the numbering displayed.
  • Various features that have not yet been implemented were inadvertently left visible within the UI and have now been removed.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ulteema

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Hi there
I'm still receiving the same sync error I was before the update. Hopefully im in the minority. I was wondering if I should I submit another bug report, or continue to wait for the 1st to be responded to?

PS: love the software

Last edited by Ulteema; April 25th, 2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Felt I sounded too negative. :D
Ulteema is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarberg

Old May 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I'm attempting to start RealmWorks and it crashes immediately on startup, no matter what I select.

I select the website link, it crashes, I try to update, it crashes, I click anywhere, it crashes. How do I update if it crashes constantly?
zarberg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarberg View Post
I'm attempting to start RealmWorks and it crashes immediately on startup, no matter what I select.

I select the website link, it crashes, I try to update, it crashes, I click anywhere, it crashes. How do I update if it crashes constantly?
To download the installer, you can go to this URL:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/

Then run it to upgrade.
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old May 8th, 2014, 03:52 AM
My RW loads up fine but I'm not getting the prompt to update the software.

I'm still running 1.0.1 <something>.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ed
EdtheDM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdtheDM View Post
My RW loads up fine but I'm not getting the prompt to update the software. ... Am I doing something wrong?
You can always check the current version by downloading the installer yourself.

It looks like the new version didn't get out there yet; we're still on 1.0.1002.158.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:55 AM
I think this thread is about the current release, 1.0.1002.158, and Rob has indicated in another thread, that there is an imminent release, but that is not out quite yet...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
When the next release is available, a NEW thread will be posted for it with details about it. There were some last-minute issues during final testing last night. We're finishing things up this afternoon.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote