Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

M_Grass

Old November 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I guess I'll take a stab. I'd really love to get my army mobile with the new rules. If you could send the new file to SpectreX0@aol.com that would be great.
M_Grass is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
funbread

Old November 18th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Hi there,

I read through all that posts, but because of my rusty and bad English I'm not quite sure what I read.

Is there a new O&G update for the 7th ed. comming, or is it just mailed between the forums members? Or is it just a version, whitch is in beta-status with lots of know bugs, which is spread in here?

Because of waiting so long, I tried to build up my own files, but I now see it's to much work, if your not used to programming ... so I failed...

But if anyone could send me a copy to ms-fragen@gmx.de?

Thanx in advance

Martin
funbread is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
observo

Old November 18th, 2006, 05:29 AM
funbread,

I think the gist of this forum is that early on, right after the new army book was released, a couple of people posted that they were working on the new data file, and a few people asked for and received the work that the editors were doing. I'm sure a new update will be coming soon, and we'll be able to download it through Army Builder. Until then, it's pen and paper!

If anyone needs it, I've got a blank army list in word format you can download and print out:

http://users.adelphia.net/~observo/wh_roster.doc
observo is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Bortus

Old November 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I haven't recieved anything yet either but I am patiently waiting.
Bortus is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
crouchingotter

Old November 18th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortus
I haven't recieved anything yet either but I am patiently waiting.
I'm not.

I've enlisted the help of a friend and we're putting our own together. We're deleting all the old stuff out and just coming up with a pure 7th Ed file.

If it gets finished before Kyle distributes his, I'll certainly mail it to anyone that wants it.

I'll keep y'all posted.
crouchingotter is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Drowmaster

Old November 20th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Any word on the new 7th edition O&G file from the Data File authors? Tourney season is closing in fast and my hands are getting tired from all the writing and math work....

Patiently waiting................Drowmaster
Drowmaster is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Bortus

Old November 21st, 2006, 08:03 AM
I wonder if kylek2235 is on vacation? Oh woe is me...
Bortus is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
kurdush

Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hi there!

If anyone who has recieved it already would be so kind as to e-mail me the O&G beta file I would be very grateful. My address: tvernersson@hotmail.com
kurdush is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
HyperPing

Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:17 AM
First, I want to extend a HUGE THANKS (it is Thanksgiving today!) to Kylek2235 for all of his hard work thus far. I received the files a while back, so if any of you want me to forward what he sent me, PM ME DIRECTLY with just your email address. I'll also forward the instructions he gave me, which are asonishingly simple.

I will ZIP everything into one file as well - it seems that some of you only got a portion of the needed files.

Anyway, I hope kylek235 doesn't mind me stepping in to help. By now he may even have a few of the bugs worked out with a new version. We'll see what happens when he emerges from his cave :lol:

I'll be in and out this holiday weekend, so if I don't get the files to you right away expect me to start sending them out Monday the 27th, but some of you may get them this weekend if you move today/tomorrow.

NOTE:
THESE FILES ARE BY NO MEANS COMPLETE - THEY ARE AWESOME FOR CREATING A BASIC LIST, BUT A FEW ELEMENTS NEED WORK FOR IT TO BE GOLD MASTER. DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR BUILDS FOR ACCURACY. READ BACK THROUGH THIS THREAD FOR KYLE'S SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES! (one of these days I'll post my own)

EDIT: SEE NEXT POST - I CREATED A LINK SO YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD THE FILE
HyperPing is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
HyperPing

Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
Better yet, why don't I just do this.
DOWNLOAD THE FILE(S) HERE
REMEMBER: SAVE THE FILES YOU WILL REPLACE!!!!! IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU CAN THE REVERT BACK TO YOUR OLDBUILD.

Just dig around in your ArmyBuilder folders to find the files you need toreplace.
Also, I decided to post the content of the emails that I got for these files from our illustrious developer: PLEASE READ THEM. One thing is that he modified the GenericStuff.dat file - THIS COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSEPROBLEMS IF YOU BUILD LISTS FOR OTHER ARMIES. Again, a good reason to save your old file. Swap them back and forth as you see fit.
  • Here are some basic Read Me stuff for the files. They came in 3 emails so I just pieced together what was relevant:

The three files you'll receive are the dat file, the aug file and the genericstuff dat file. I'll give you a brief explanation of what each one is when I send them, but each one of these files needs to replace the ones sitting in your current folder. I recommend holding onto the old files in another folder rather than simply replacing them, as I've modified my files more than a few times and you might not like some of the changes.

Alright, enough about that stuff, the first file I'm sending you is the
    O&G dat file. This file contains everything that is the O&G army. Units, spells, stats etc. There are a few ommissions at the moment though:

Big'Uns: I haven't tackled this one yet for two reasons (I'm hoping against hope GW responses quickly with an answer for how many Big'Uns
    are allowed and it is a fairly complicated bit of code that I'm going to change completely.

Special Characters: Gorbad is not functional because he ties into the Big'Uns stuff I haven't done. Grimgor might still need some tweaks too
    since I never checked the stuff I changed for him.

For the sake of convienence, this is the list of problems I have so far, fixing them will force me to modify all of the files I'm sending you sometime in the near future.

Magic Item/Mundane Item bonuses stacking: this is an old problem that I've been banging my head against. One day i'll have the answer.

Adding crew/mounts with characters in chariots: I'm not sure if you'reallowed to do this, but you can at the moment.

Cave Squig/Gigantic Spider: I'm not sure what the Unit Strength on these things is. My educated guess says 3, but there's no way to tell since actual models for them don't exist.

Snotling Pump Wagons: They're 2-1 Rare now, but making the program recognize this is harder than it should be. Once I find the actual code for it in the aug file, it'll be easy, but I'm not used to the layout of the aug files yet. Right now you can hit the plus button and you can have 2-1 that way, but that's not the way its supposed to be.

Ironback Boar: this item is a pain and doesn't work properly yet. It's functional, but it might throw off your stats a bit.

(This is the) Aug file, it's responsible for general functions like army types, tags, and some rule stuff. I don't come through here much, hence my ignorance, but once I figure it out, it'll be more useful than the way I've been doing things.

It's not necessarily what you'll find here, but more of what you won't find. I've ruthlessly deleted all of the unofficial armies of the old file. If you liked those armies, they aren't compatible with the new rules, and that's all I was really concerned with, hence the reason I said to save your old files.

All of the SoC stuff was also deleted. Borgut and Wurzag can still be accessed, with their 6th edition rules, by checking the Obsolete Armies box. I don't believe in deleting old special characters because then someone somewhere will want me to add them back.

This file has the most sweeping amount of changes to it unfortunately.

This is a central file (GenericStuff.dat) that other files access for universal rules, like the parry bonus or mounted weapon rules or common magic items. I switched my gaming group to 7th edition about three weeks ago and we will never be returning to 6th so my changes to this file represent that. The 6th/7th edition ruleset in armybuilder is entirely dysfunctional and I made no effort to correct it. When I ran into conflicts, I deleted the old ruleset. To make the 6th/7th edition division actually work would require alterations in the dat files of every army book and that is an undertaking that I don't really want to start.
    To that end, mounted great weapons now only give +1S, the miscast chart was corrected and I can't remember what else I did, but most were old bugs concerning extra hand weapons, shields and some small rule changes. I glanced at the new Lores and they'll need to be rewritten partially as well, but that's for another day.

If you are really determined to play using 6th edition ruleset, it is imperative that you SAVE YOUR OLD FILES!!!!

Also, since the Orcs and Goblins were an early file, a lot of their special rule stuff was located in here and I've moved the vast majority of it to the Dat file for convience to future editors. Once I'm finished, every O&G special rule will be in the correct place and not in this file.
HyperPing is offline   #40 Reply With Quote