Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

edgelett

Old May 9th, 2022, 10:19 PM
hey all,

I just took lvl 2 of Animal Lord (in addition to my 8 levels of Druid) and while Hero Lab is recognising in the txt that I should be getting a +4 skill bonus to Survival, it doesn't seem to be applying to my character - before adding any skill points I have the exact same amount as I did last level.

Is this an oversight in the file, or is it intended that you add the skill bonus manually? Or do I need to activate something in Hero lab for the 'totem' to apply the bonus? i don't mind just wondered

a quick look through the data file seems to indicate there is something in there about the bonus but it's not applying for some reason

Thanks!
edgelett is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 10th, 2022, 02:05 AM
The bonus is added - look at your skills, and count them up yourself.
I just made up a 6th Druid and added a single level of Animal Lord (Wolf). I got the +4 Survival bonus. The Prestige Class is wrongly adding level specials immediately, not at the levels its meant to give them to you. (I got the second totem bonus feat too) I can't see at first glance why it's not working correctly.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 10th, 2022, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
The bonus is added - look at your skills, and count them up yourself.
I just made up a 6th Druid and added a single level of Animal Lord (Wolf). I got the +4 Survival bonus. The Prestige Class is wrongly adding level specials immediately, not at the levels its meant to give them to you. (I got the second totem bonus feat too) I can't see at first glance why it's not working correctly.
Looks like the First Totem abilities (the ones that provide the skill bonuses) need a doneif statement that checks to make sure two levels have been taken.

Code:
Add this line to the beginning of the script:

doneif (field[xTotalLev].value < 2)

Then change phase to Post-levels.
I've made this change for each version of the prestige class so it will be included in the next release.

Last edited by Sendric; May 10th, 2022 at 03:49 AM.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
edgelett

Old February 23rd, 2023, 02:27 AM
Sorry to dig up a topic from a year ago - but our game got put on hold due to most of the group studying for a while.
We're about to start playing again and I updated all my Hero Lab files and went to finally take the 2nd level of Animal Lord and it is still isn't applying a +4 bonus to my survival skill.
Would this be because I've already taken a level of Animal Lord and the file isn't getting overwritten?
do I need to manually edit it?
Any help would be of great assistance, thank you
edgelett is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2023, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
Sorry to dig up a topic from a year ago - but our game got put on hold due to most of the group studying for a while.
We're about to start playing again and I updated all my Hero Lab files and went to finally take the 2nd level of Animal Lord and it is still isn't applying a +4 bonus to my survival skill.
Would this be because I've already taken a level of Animal Lord and the file isn't getting overwritten?
do I need to manually edit it?
Any help would be of great assistance, thank you
The original issue wasn't that the bonus wasn't applying. It's that it was applying at level 1 so you didn't see a change at level 2. This was actually an issue with all of the Animal Lord PrC's. When I create an 8th-level druid with 2nd-level Animal Lord - Wolf, I'm seeing the bonus apply to Survival at level 2.

If you can check the data file on your computer to make sure the change is there, that would help. If it's there, and you still aren't seeing the bonus get applied properly, there may be another issue at play. In that case, please provide the portfolio so I can look to see what that might be.

NOTE: The thing you want to look at is "First Totem - Wolf", a class special in 3.5 - Complete Adventurer.user.

Last edited by Sendric; February 23rd, 2023 at 04:14 AM.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
edgelett

Old February 23rd, 2023, 11:32 AM
Ah righto - applying the bonus at the wrong level gotcha.
Thank you for the reply Sendric, I'll have a look on the weekend.
As always, I appreciate your help.

(side note - man it felt good to throw some dice after nearly 12 months)
edgelett is offline   #6 Reply With Quote