Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old July 1st, 2021, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The new version 0.3.12 fixes problems with the module not working with 0.7.x versions of Foundry.
It is now importing! However I seem to be stuck "generating xxx journal entries". It's been going about an hour. Tried Chrome and Edge. Is it just taking a really long time?

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 1st, 2021, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
It is now importing! However I seem to be stuck "generating xxx journal entries". It's been going about an hour. Tried Chrome and Edge. Is it just taking a really long time?
How large is your RWoutput file?

If you press F12, are any errors reported in the browser's console?

How big is the xxx number? I have imported 2,600 topics in just a few minutes.

Do you have HL portfolio files in your realm? If so, which game system? And which game system is your world using in Foundry VTT?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 1st, 2021, 03:41 PM
Quote:
How large is your RWoutput file?

If you press F12, are any errors reported in the browser's console?

How big is the xxx number? I have imported 2,600 topics in just a few minutes.

Do you have HL portfolio files in your realm? If so, which game system? And which game system is your world using in Foundry VTT?
No errors reported (other than the one I get from attempting to re-import).

500ish. File is about 605 MB.

No HL portfolios. Generic system in RW. PF2 in Foundry.

I should note that I have some smaller files that worked fine. It's also an export from 253.

nightpanda2810 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:41 AM
Quote:
No errors reported (other than the one I get from attempting to re-import).

500ish. File is about 605 MB.

No HL portfolios. Generic system in RW. PF2 in Foundry.

I should note that I have some smaller files that worked fine. It's also an export from 253.
I think I can only see what's happening if I have a copy of the RWoutput file; I might be able to track down what it is, or is not, doing.

Could you PM me with a link to the file?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 2nd, 2021, 10:51 AM
Quote:
I think I can only see what's happening if I have a copy of the RWoutput file; I might be able to track down what it is, or is not, doing.

Could you PM me with a link to the file?
PM sent. Thanks for looking into it!

nightpanda2810 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 2nd, 2021, 12:42 PM
Quote:
PM sent. Thanks for looking into it!
I'm done some testing on my laptop...

I tried doing the import to my AWS server, and there were errors reported about some of the images being too big. The "Finished" report never appeared - I suspect because of the processing errors reported with files failing to be uploaded.

When I performed an import using the standalone Foundry VTT installation the import worked properly - creating 551 journal entries.

I will need to do some more testing on my main PC which has the dev environment on it to see if I can avoid failed uploads from causing the import to fail.

Looking at the extracted files in the local version, I suspect it is the image files which were larger than 16 MB in size; but I can't be 100% sure.

---

Where is your Foundry server hosted? If it is not on your local PC, are you using an nginx proxy?

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 2nd, 2021 at 01:14 PM.
Farling is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 2nd, 2021, 01:14 PM
Quote:
I'm done some testing on my laptop...

I tried doing the import to my AWS server, and there were errors reported about some of the images being too big. The "Finished" report never appeared - I suspect because of the processing errors reported with files failing to be uploaded.

When I performed an import using the standalone Foundry VTT installation the import worked properly - creating 551 journal entries.

I will need to do some more testing on my main PC which has the dev environment on it to see if I can avoid failed uploads from causing the import to fail.
Hmm, I didn't see any of those errors in the console. Were they elsewhere? I could add the images by hand if the errors are visible to me. I have 2 different foundry servers; one at home, running on an Ubuntu VM. And one in AWS. I was attempting the upload on my home VM, before putting it on my live server.

nightpanda2810 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 2nd, 2021, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Hmm, I didn't see any of those errors in the console. Were they elsewhere? I could add the images by hand if the errors are visible to me. I have 2 different foundry servers; one at home, running on an Ubuntu VM. And one in AWS. I was attempting the upload on my home VM, before putting it on my live server.
The errors I saw were reported in the console. I was using Chrome at the time.

Even though the control window never said "Finished", I did see that lots of journal entries had been created - some were empty, but I suspect that might be the case in your realm too.

If you have nginx in your configuration, then the Foundry recommended set up is to have "client_max_body_size 300M;" somewhere in the configuration file. I haven't checked mine yet to see if it is set to 300M or some lower value. My nginx configuration file was missing this line. When this line was added, then all the files uploaded properly.

Are you using the latest version (0.3.13) of my module? I did fix an issue where the module was not waiting for each file to be uploaded before sending the next one.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 2nd, 2021 at 02:24 PM.
Farling is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 3rd, 2021, 09:34 AM
Quote:
The errors I saw were reported in the console. I was using Chrome at the time.

Even though the control window never said "Finished", I did see that lots of journal entries had been created - some were empty, but I suspect that might be the case in your realm too.

If you have nginx in your configuration, then the Foundry recommended set up is to have "client_max_body_size 300M;" somewhere in the configuration file. I haven't checked mine yet to see if it is set to 300M or some lower value. My nginx configuration file was missing this line. When this line was added, then all the files uploaded properly.

Are you using the latest version (0.3.13) of my module? I did fix an issue where the module was not waiting for each file to be uploaded before sending the next one.
That's exactly what I saw as well.

I added the config line to the NGINX config, and I had a successful import! Everything except imbedded images works. I get the below error in the console every time I open a journal entry with an image, and in the entry I only see the generic "image here" image. I've confirmed the images exist in the realmworksimport folder.

Yes, I am on the latest version.

nightpanda2810 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 3rd, 2021, 12:05 PM
I setup my nginx server a couple of months ago (0.7.9) and that extra line wasn't present in the setup instructions. Maybe it was added as part of 0.8.x.

Images should be in a subdirectory of your world directory, by default it is called "realmworksimport".

Can you check the module configuration, from Game Settings -> Configure Settings -> Module Settings -> section called "Realm Works Importer".

Check that "Location of Extracted Assets" is set to worlds/Skaz/realmworksimport
(if your world is called "Skaz")

If you change this in this "Configure Game Settings" window, then you will need to do another import to ensure that all the files are in the correct place.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 3rd, 2021 at 12:21 PM.
Farling is offline   #40 Reply With Quote