Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old November 17th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Ah, ok. Got it.

EDIT: Is it possible to assign an Extend Thing to make it possible to allow a spell to be cast by all classes that prepare spells? Cuz Sanctified spells can be used by any class that prepares spells.
No, there isn't a single flag for that. However, it is possible to do using a script similar to how we assign Corrupt spells. Check out the Corrector special in the Players Handbook 1 user file.
Sendric is offline   #581 Reply With Quote
Hengist

Old November 18th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Macht nichts. Versteh ich. It'll be done when it's done. I was just unclear about the release given an earlier post. Again, I wish to thank both you gentleman and all the people helping improve this awesome tool for our mutual hobby.

Danke Shoen!
Hengist is offline   #582 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 18th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Danke Shoen!
Gern geschehen, mein Freund!
Sendric is offline   #583 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old November 18th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Hello all... trying to pick up the Community Pack by Lawful_G.... followed the directions in the PDF, but after adding the source and reloading HL, it doesn't show up as an update option. I've deleted it and re-added it a couple of times just to make sure I typed it correctly.

Any suggestions to make it show up?
zandraxon is offline   #584 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 18th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandraxon View Post
Hello all... trying to pick up the Community Pack by Lawful_G.... followed the directions in the PDF, but after adding the source and reloading HL, it doesn't show up as an update option. I've deleted it and re-added it a couple of times just to make sure I typed it correctly.

Any suggestions to make it show up?
Did you close HL and relaunch it? Once you add a source you have to do this for the updates to appear.
Sendric is offline   #585 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old November 21st, 2016, 03:17 AM
Yes, multiple times.
zandraxon is offline   #586 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 21st, 2016, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandraxon View Post
Yes, multiple times.
That is strange. Please verify that you have entered the full path for the updates as follows:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

The updates for the community set and the stock portfolios won't appear at the top of the list, so you may have to search around for them a little bit. They should be there though, even if HL doesn't flag them as "new" downloads.

Here's what mine looks like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg updates.jpg (294.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Sendric; November 21st, 2016 at 05:05 AM.
Sendric is offline   #587 Reply With Quote
Dimwhit

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:13 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm getting MAJOR errors loading my 3.5 character. I've attached a screen of the errors, plus a screen showing that I have the dataset installed (and I double-clicked it and downloaded the latest, to make sure.

This just started within the last week or so. When I go to configure the character, none of the 3.5 material is available to select. I checked the data folder and it's all still there. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen1.jpg (211.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 7.10.02 PM.png (69.4 KB, 6 views)
Dimwhit is offline   #588 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwhit View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm getting MAJOR errors loading my 3.5 character. I've attached a screen of the errors, plus a screen showing that I have the dataset installed (and I double-clicked it and downloaded the latest, to make sure.

This just started within the last week or so. When I go to configure the character, none of the 3.5 material is available to select. I checked the data folder and it's all still there. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. Any help?
Either you are getting errors when loading d20 which causes HL to fall into safe mode. Or you really didn't load the Community Pack. The second screen shot just shows that you can access the "Sever" that has the pack but not that you installed it.

Start HL and then d20. If you get any errors at this point RIGHT CLICK and copy them into this thread so we can help.

If no errors are displayed go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and make sure you actually see "d20 Community Set (v1.18)". If you don't see that make sure you follow all the steps in THIS pdf including downloading and installing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #589 Reply With Quote
Dimwhit

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Either you are getting errors when loading d20 which causes HL to fall into safe mode.
That was it. I was getting an error before the main ones. My own data file had a problem (not sure how it happened), but when I fixed that, everything else cleared up. Thanks!
Dimwhit is offline   #590 Reply With Quote