Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old April 5th, 2021, 05:55 AM
Update 3.2 “Waterdeep and Candlekeep” is coming along well. Barring something crazy happening in my real life, I think it’ll be ready well before the self-imposed due date of releasing before Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft hits in May.

Shout-Out

I want to specially thank ShadowRose for all his work on this update. He’s identified several bugs and mistakes in the pack and has even made some of the coding and text fixes himself. The pack is made by the community for the community, and is made so much better when people are willing to engage and let me know when something needs fixing.

Progress

The below list is not comprehensive, as there are various enhancements, tweaks, bug fixes, etc. that always make their way into the each release. For full look at what’s coming, you can always check the
pending changes page of our GitHub.
This was updated as of 4/14 to reflect progress.

Completed
  • Waterdeep: Dragon Heist monsters
  • Waterdeep: Dragon Heist items
  • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage items
  • Candlekeep Mysteries items, monsters and charms
  • Mordenkainen’s Fiendish Folio monsters
  • Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild lineages (races)
  • Unearthed Arcana: Gothic Lineages lineages (races)

Work In Progress
  • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage monsters (80%)
  • Unearthed Arcana: 2020 Subclasses Part 4 (35%)

Including Unearthed Arcana

Normally, I don’t spend time on UA, since it’s not official and we still have plenty of official content to add. However, the Gothic Lineages and subclasses from 2020 Part 4 are all confirmed to be coming in the May Ravenloft book. So I took some time to work on them in preparation for that. Since the work is going to be done, I figured it would be more fun to have it in your hands early than withheld and sitting on my hard drive for no good reason. In programming the Lineages, I went ahead and did the Feywild ones since I was already in that zone. Once all this becomes official content, versions will be included in their official source with any tweaks that WotC makes.

Backgrounds Improvements

There are several missing backgrounds from AI and EGtW, as well as special versions of existing PHB backgrounds in GoS and BGDiA. All of those are being worked on and will be included in this pack. And I also have always disliked how the extra Bond options from HotDQ and OotA looked when enabled, all intermingled and hard to distinguish from the default Bond options. So these options have received some tweaks to look better and not confusing when available to the player.

So while the major releases in this update are centered around Waterdeep and Candlekeep, there’s still love for other books, particularly in the Backgrounds area.

Looking Ahead

I’m tentatively titling the following update, 3.3, as “Ravnica and Ravenloft.” As you can guess, it’ll focus on the items and monsters from Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica and everything contained in the forthcoming Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft.

3.1’s goal was to complete Eberron while also providing everything for Icewind Dale. This goal of each release supporting both the newest book and completing an older book is really working so far. At a minimum, it’s what I want to keep doing. Time permitting, I’ll try to squeeze other books in, as we still have AI, EGtW, and MOoT incomplete, plus a few other things like the monsters from PotA.

It’s my sincere hope that by year’s end, we are fully caught up on all official 5e content. If that happens, then there will be more room to play with UA, and maybe even looking at 3rd-party options again.

The Blood Hunter

Speaking of 3rd-party options, I know a lot of people love the Blood Hunter. I’ve looked at the 2020 version. While it is *possible* to program, the biggest problem I see with it is how its spell slots would work with multiclassing. Hero Lab is very regimented in how it determines caster level and has pre-set, unchangeable options when it comes to calculating spell slots and determining total caster level. The Blood Hunter adheres to none of those pre-set templates. We can manually manipulate spell slots and make the class work okay in a vacuum, but it’s going to get very messy when someone tries to multiclass.

This, besides all the work we need to do on official content, is why I haven’t put the Blood Hunter on any to-do list. In case anyone was wondering.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; April 14th, 2021 at 10:02 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old April 6th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Damn. You're a machine!
Enforcer84 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote