Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM
related to a previous post (but a different issue), i have created (entered) an entire spellbook into the HL editor. the spellbook also has some 0-level spells.
what i don't understand is that one of the spells shows automatically in the 0-level spellbook list, but another doesn't. if i click the add spells to spellbook, the 0-level spell does show in the list there (the one that isn't auto listed). i can't see anything different in the creation of these two spells. both were created (New) and not copied. so why does one get auto-added to spellbook and the other not?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0auto.jpg (108.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0list.jpg (210.1 KB, 9 views)
psych777 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
so reading some other posts i learned i could search the spell list by the source name (thought before that it only searched spell names). decided to test all the classes to make sure the spells were sorted properly and at the right level (some classes had same spell at different level).
everything went fine except for the above post and the witch. so the spell 'Depth Sounding' shows up in the Wizard 0 level spellbook automatically, but on the Witch it does not show up with the other auto 0 level spells. it also doesn't show in the available spell list to add it to the spellbook (the Bosun's Whip spell in the above post is not a witch spell so not expected to show, but Depth Sounding is a Witch Spell). i assume its not showing in the spell list because it should show in the auto list...but its not showing there like it does for the wizard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0witch.jpg (107.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg witch0default.jpg (84.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg witchlist.jpg (251.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wizard0default.jpg (108.6 KB, 3 views)
psych777 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Did you bootstrap "Depth Sounding" to something like a Mechanic or something that is adding the spell automatically to the hero? From the little I did before with cantrips to get the cantrip to "auto" attach to a spellbook it has to be present on the hero at the time the wizard class is added.

Your other best thing is to post your .user files as the pics you have are not really that help for "solving" the issue. Just showing the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM
i didn't bootstrap anything. strangely, i reopened herolab to double check before i answered and now Depth Sounding is showing up in the Witch 0 level auto book. no idea...
so guess i'm back to just the original strangeness where one 0 level spell shows in the auto list (Depth Sounding) and one doesn't (Bosun's Whip).
attached user file
Attached Files
File Type: email PFRPG_BookofMagic-PirateSpells.user (40.8 KB, 2 views)
psych777 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Ok thanks for the .user file that helped. So yea on "Bosun's Whip" you checked marked "Don't Include Free in Spellbooks?". By check marking that your saying "don't include for free" or don't include in 1st level wizard/witch spellbooks automatically. The other cantrip "Depth Sounding" did not have that checked mark so it was included automatically. So either check mark it for both cantrips or un-check it for both cantrips and they will work the same then.

Image2.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 07:22 PM
wow how did i miss that?!? i must have checked it by accident at some point haha
thanks for all your help!

attached what i think is the final copy...besides unchecking that checkbox i also added the text description of the non 'mass' spells to the 'mass' spells description (in case someone memorized/selected just the mass version they wouldn't have to go look up the single version of the spell.
Attached Files
File Type: email PFRPG_BookofMagic-PirateSpells.user (41.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by psych777; April 20th, 2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add final .user file to post
psych777 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote