Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Valdacil

Old March 19th, 2017, 05:23 PM
@Roadie - I solved that problem by modifying the Gestalt class level (cS2Gestalt) Eval Script Post-Attributes 15000 Index 2, at the bottom I added:

~ Remove 3 background skills since game grants 2 per class for total of 6
~ House rules are 3 per level therefore 6-3 is correct
#resmax[resBackSkl] += -3

In our case, the house rules are 3 background skills instead of 2 (2 standard + 1 for Gestalt). If you are using the standard 2, then it would be:

#resmax[resBackSkl] += -4
Valdacil is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 19th, 2017, 05:31 PM
I'm guessing there is no development on this anymore since the files were last updated 2014, however, there is a major problem when using Gestalt and VMC. HL's VMC calculations are using ClSpecWhen to determine current level, so when used with Gestalt, the calculations are off by a magnitude of 3. This is causing VMC to grant level 3 VMC bonuses to a level 1 character (and remove the level 1 feat in the process).

Realistically, this is a bug in how VMC is calculating levels rather than Gestalt directly. I'm trying to monkey around with some coding to see if I can just triple the level at which each VMC bonus is granted, but it's not straight-forward. VMC should calculate levels the same way that Automatic Bonus Progression does since that handles levels correctly when used with Gestalt.
Valdacil is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I'm guessing there is no development on this anymore since the files were last updated 2014
Basically yes. I can NOT keep up with the monthly changes that LW is doing. The logic in here needs constant tweaks to get them to work with all the different Pathfinder rules that are being added.

This honestly is one of those features that would pretty much have to be done by LW to have a chance to be correct all the time. This way as they added and made changes they could keep the Gestalt stuff in mind.

Its a losing battle at this point.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 20th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Basically yes. I can NOT keep up with the monthly changes that LW is doing. The logic in here needs constant tweaks to get them to work with all the different Pathfinder rules that are being added.

This honestly is one of those features that would pretty much have to be done by LW to have a chance to be correct all the time. This way as they added and made changes they could keep the Gestalt stuff in mind.

Its a losing battle at this point.
I hear ya. Ran into the same issues making mods for Fallout 4. Every time they came out with a patch something would break and all my users would complain until I updated things. Always fun when it is a hobby.

I did make a number of changes to the Gestalt files to account for a number of things, but I'm not sure how much of that is house rules and not. Things like if both classes have a Good save, that save gets a +1 bonus. Both classes have a class skill, that skill gets an extra +1 bonus. Skill points are higher of the 2 classes + 1/2 the second class.

Some of these mechanic problems however, like the Secondary Class thing are MUCH harder to account for. I did submit the Secondary Class calculating levels as a bug to LW since Automatic Bonus Progression calculates levels correctly they (in theory) just need to change Secondary Classes to calculate levels the same way as ABP to fix the problem.

It is also frustrating as I learn more about how to use the editor how many objects are hard coded and not exposed to the editor. I have an idea of how to fix a number of problems, but don't have access to the records necessary to do so.

In any case, thank you so much for your contributions with Gestalt and the Community Pack. You've saved me TONS of hours of trying to figure it out myself and I've learned a great deal by taking apart your code.
Valdacil is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 29th, 2017, 01:11 AM
After hours of bumbling around, I finally fixed secondary classes (VMC) for Gestalt.

On the Class Level thing in the editor, add another eval script at First 200

Code:
      ~ If we are under level 3 don't do anything as we will cause errors
      ~ Once we have three classes then we can modify it down to two.
      doneif (herofield[tLevel].value < 3)

foreach pick in hero where "component.SecClass"
        eachpick.field[cTotalLev].value += -2
      nexteach
This runs shortly after the First 185 non-Gestalt script that sets cTotalLev but before the scripts that update the other fields like cMagicLev, so those all inherit the updated level value. This causes the secondary class level to match the Gestalt level and grant secondary class bonuses at the proper level.
Valdacil is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 29th, 2017, 04:25 AM
Quote:
After hours of bumbling around, I finally fixed secondary classes (VMC) for Gestalt.

Code:

nexteach
This runs shortly after the First 185 non-Gestalt script that sets cTotalLev but before the scripts that update the other fields like cMagicLev, so those all inherit the updated level value. This causes the secondary class level to match the Gestalt level and grant secondary class bonuses at the proper level.
+1 Just showing you some forum love.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
gbasden

Old July 14th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I know this is totally unsupported but I thought I would see if someone knew what was going on. I'm playing a Zen Archer Monk/Inquisitor gestalt character and Hero Lab is showing totally weird values for the flurry of blows with the bow. At 8th level, I should be getting +6/+6/+1/+1 for flurry attacks, but Hero Lab is showing +12/+12/+7/+7/+2. The other calculations seem right - my normal attack is showing properly at +6/+1.

Any idea where I might find this value?
gbasden is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
monhomri21

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Quote:

Code:

nexteach
where do I add this info? I'm not eval savvy but I can copy and paste if I know where to put it.
monhomri21 is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
monhomri21

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I add the Gestalt class and when I go to the gestalt tab I can't select any classes, it says on the drop down menu "Nothing to select". any ideas how this can be remedied?
monhomri21 is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:36 PM
you need to add classes to the class tab.
so 1 gestalt class also has 1 of lets say fighter and 1 rogue there. then in the drop down you can select them
Togainu is offline   #150 Reply With Quote