Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

twiggyleaf

Old January 23rd, 2023, 07:22 AM
Saved Portfolios will not open on new PC

I have recently had to reset my PC to factory settings and download the latest Hero Lab Classic App. All seems fine, but it will not let me open any of my old portfolio files. Whenever I try to open a file a dialogue box apprears:

"An error occurred while loading the game system associated with the specified file. The saved file cannot be loaded."

I have also been in touch with support@wolflair.com but so far have not been able to sort out the issue. I was able to open the files from this PC before.
Has anybody else had a similar issue or have any ideas how to address this?

I am operating from a Windows 11 laptop which was bought new in November 2022.
twiggyleaf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 24th, 2023, 07:10 AM
Since it used to work, something is different about this new laptop. Probably a new antivirus setting or something. You might try turning off the AV and see if it works, or put the AV into a mode where it prompts for anything it considers "harmful".

(I'm a Mac user and don't have any Windows boxes, but this seems like a logical place to look.)
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old January 24th, 2023, 02:38 PM
I had this problem a few years ago. My antivirus put Herolab in the list of untrusted programs. I had to change Herolab to trusted and everything was fine.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote