Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Thanks, I will look into this.
<snip>
This also occurs when I select monastic or any other tradition that grants specific sphere drawbacks.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #231 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I will look into this.

This I do not understand. Like Ualaa says, SoP is pretty clear that the base spell-point calculation is [CAM + levels in spherecasting classes], feats and class features notwithstanding. Caster level has no direct impact on the size of your spell pool as far as I know. Could you forward that email conversation to dropdeadstudios.herolab@gmail.com please? I suspect there's a confusion between "caster level" and "levels in spherecasting classes" happening somewhere.
Here's the question I posed to Adam:

If I have a Level 1 Mid caster (say a Hedgewitch) with a 16 INT for their CAM which gives them a +3. How many spell points do they start with. My reading of the rules says they only start with 3 as the table shows that at 1st level a mid caster has a caster level of 0, but, the book does say class level rather than caster level. My player was arguing that he started with 4. Here is Adam's reply: Your reading is right; they would get 4 at 2nd level, but at 1st level would only have 3.

So, from this reply, I think his intention was for this to follow caster level rather than class level.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #232 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 10th, 2017, 09:38 AM
OK, I have put this question on DDS' AMA thread on the Playground so we'll hopefully get this cleared up soon. If Adam comes down on the "caster level" side, I will create a houserule to support class-level SP calculation like we have now, because I suspect a lot of people like it the way it is.
TheIronGolem is offline   #233 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
OK, I have put this question on DDS' AMA thread on the Playground so we'll hopefully get this cleared up soon. If Adam comes down on the "caster level" side, I will create a houserule to support class-level SP calculation like we have now, because I suspect a lot of people like it the way it is.
Works for me. If I were playing a caster I'd want all the Spell Points I could get. :-D
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #234 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 10th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Question answered! Turns out Adam thought you were asking about save DC modifiers. Spell Points are indeed based off of class level.
TheIronGolem is offline   #235 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadPhoenix View Post
Works for me. If I were playing a caster I'd want all the Spell Points I could get. :-D
Ok, I saw Adam's correction in the AMA thread and he emailed me directly to tell me of his mistake. My players will be happy it worked out this way.

It is class level +CAM for spell points at 1st level.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #236 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:25 PM
When I create a Hedgewitch and select Covenant as my tradition it doesn't add the class skills for that covenant. Also, it doesn't do the 1d6 minimum healing tradition power. It shows 0d6.

And just as a question, when it says 3 + 1/2 Hedgewitch level, at 1st level is that 3 or 4 times I can heal?

Also when I choose the combat tradition for Hedgewitch it is not counting the arcane pool correctly. Arcane pool specifically says 1/2 magus level (minimum 1) + Int Modifier. As Int is my CAM whether you are using Int or CAM for the ability it should still be 4 with a 16 INT rather than 3.

Last edited by TheMadPhoenix; January 14th, 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add additional detail
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #237 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 14th, 2017, 06:35 PM
When I add the enhancement bonus from the enhancement sphere to my armor, it does not increase my Armor class even if I have no other bonuses activated.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #238 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 14th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Per the book, the class skills listed for the Hedgewitch are incorrect. Heal is listed as a class skill in the book but it is not listed as a class skill in Hero Lab.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #239 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 17th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Which of the handbooks will be next?
Ualaa is offline   #240 Reply With Quote