Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

WhiteUnggoy

Old September 18th, 2021, 11:37 AM
thatmantaz, there are currently no apocryphas in the data files, and while I'd like to see that change, I've also got a considerable list of patreon releases that are waiting on their Hero Lab rewards.

risner, Expanded Options 2 is not yet implemented but it is on my list
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #1121 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2021, 07:58 AM
I noticed all the Blacksmith abilities that reference Profession (blacksmith) actually reference Craft (blacksmith) instead. I created a Profession (blacksmith) and modified Skilled Craftsman to use it instead. Should this be done in the downloaded .user files? If not people won't be getting the right ability bonuses to their "Profession" blacksmith using the Craft skill.

PFS characters are greeted with red ! Damage Reduction (0/silver or magic) This Selection is not available to Pathfinder Society characters.

Also there is a typo in Artisan Savant (Blacksmith class), it copied the summary text from Skilled Craftsman instead of using a summary for Artisan Savant.

Last edited by risner; September 21st, 2021 at 04:37 PM.
risner is offline   #1122 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 27th, 2021, 04:43 PM
In preparation for installing USoP, I went through the readme and saw the notes about needing to update Spheres of Might, Champions of the Spheres and another file.

My Spheres of Might was version 1.17, so I ran the update, but now I'm getting an error every time I load Hero Lab.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hero Lab error.jpg (353.0 KB, 4 views)
Aril is offline   #1123 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 27th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Actually, it appears that updating the three files (Spheres of Might, Champions of the Spheres, and Shapeshifter's Handbook) has resulted in all my user content being deactivated.

Given the message says it's loading the data files in recovery mode, I assume that means it's just going to prevent me from using anything fancy (ie. user created files). I don't know how to reverse this problem, though.
Aril is offline   #1124 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 27th, 2021, 05:12 PM
So, I followed instructions I found in another thread, and uninstalled the three updates I added last night, and this has resulted in a completely different error....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another error with Hero Lab.jpg (341.2 KB, 7 views)
Aril is offline   #1125 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 27th, 2021, 05:43 PM
So, I've partly fixed my problem. However, two observations:

A) The instructions in the ReadMe for USoP really need to tell people they have to update to the most recent version of SoP, if they have the original file.

B) Something in the update for SoM is utterly broken.

I've tried installing these updates, and then uninstalling them multiple times......

1-If I *do not* install the update for SoP *first* then as soon as I install the updates for Shapechanger's Handbook, Expanded Options, and Spheres of Might, everything breaks.

2-If I uninstall all those other updates and THEN install the update to Spheres of Power, I can also install the updates for Expanded Options *and* Shapechanger's Handbook, and everything works.

3-As soon as I install the update to Spheres of Might, everything breaks. Then even if I uninstall the updates to Spheres of Might, everything stays broken, and I get this daisy chain of errors that remains until I remove the updates to all four files.

Once all updates are removed, I can update everything EXCEPT Spheres of Might, and Hero Lab will continue working....except I get an error saying critical content from Spheres of Might is missing.

At least I can USE Hero Lab, though.
Aril is offline   #1126 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 29th, 2021, 08:28 PM
OK. So the Drop Dead Studios team saved the day.

Following their instructions precisely, all errors are now gone. It's working perfectly.
Aril is offline   #1127 Reply With Quote
bob_xxii

Old October 13th, 2021, 11:29 PM
I tried adding the implement "Master of Creative Arts", but it marks it as invalid because the "Exquisite Detail" talent in the staff has a failed prereq (I think it needs the thing.skipprereq tag added to it)
bob_xxii is offline   #1128 Reply With Quote
uggron

Old October 17th, 2021, 09:43 PM
So I just installed USoP. It's my only 3rd party update/module or whatever. Whenever I try to load Pathfinder, the errors shown in the attached image happen, and I can't use any USoP stuff.

I did purchase the Advanced Player's Guide and Ultimate Magic packages... but I'm not sure they've actually applied, despite using the "reactivate license" tool several times, because if I look at License -> View License Info they aren't listed there, though some packages I bought a long time ago are. That said, I do seem to be able to enable the APG and UM packages in the Configure Hero menu, so I don't know.

Can anyone who has this working confirm if APG and UM are meant to show up in that View License window? If so, this might not actually be a problem with USoP, at which point I'll move on to trying Lone Wolf support. Otherwise, does anyone know what might be causing this?

Edit: Found the line about the Pathfinder Pack in the readme. That was the whole problem. All seems to be fine now!
Attached Images
File Type: png USoP_HL_error.png (258.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by uggron; October 18th, 2021 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Actually read the readme. Woops!
uggron is offline   #1129 Reply With Quote
uggron

Old October 18th, 2021, 03:31 AM
Well, I did find what seems to be an actual problem. Armorist's bound equipment special ability budget seems to be using the legacy progression, not the revised rate for Ultimate Spheres. According to the wiki, a 3rd level armorist could bind equipment with the equivalent of a +2 bonus. But if I try to bind, say, a +1 flaming longsword, HL complains that it's a +2 weapon when it should be a +1. I tried with Armorist at a few different levels, and the budget seems to be consistently 1 behind, which would line it up with the old progression.
I also occasionally get a bug where a bound weapon says it has a power not allowed for bound equipment no matter what power is selected (even flaming, for example). I can't replicate it on purpose, but once it happens nothing seems to fix it except deleting the weapon and making a new one.
uggron is offline   #1130 Reply With Quote