Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

asvaldson

Old August 13th, 2021, 09:38 PM
Adding the Ascendant Mind to the Psychic class. getting the error

Quote:
Attempt to access non-live child pick 'cfgSoPAMMentalPow' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cSoPAMMentalPow' (Eval Script '#1') near line 2
- - -
Attempt to access non-live child pick 'cfgSoPAMMentalPow' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cSoPAMMentalPow' (Eval Script '#1') near line 2
Attached the portfolio
Attached Files
File Type: email Psychic Error.por (47.3 KB, 3 views)
asvaldson is offline   #1021 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old August 13th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Ok, the problem went away at level two when the Mental Powers tab appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvaldson View Post
Adding the Ascendant Mind to the Psychic class. getting the error

Attached the portfolio
asvaldson is offline   #1022 Reply With Quote
Shareeth

Old August 13th, 2021, 11:39 PM
Minor but irksome -> Light drawback: Nimbus Focus. It stays red even after I choose a nimbus talent.

Also, Doomblade's (Mageknight archetype) destructive blast isn't being calculated correctly. For a mageknight, it is correct. "destructive blast deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage for every odd caster level. [p. 273]" At level 20, this shows correctly as 5d6.

From Doomblade: "Rather than having its power determined by the doomblade’s caster level, the destructive blade always treats the doomblade’s level as its caster level. [p. 159, bottom of the first paragraph]" At level 20, this should be 10d6, but it shows 5d6.

If this is how it is supposed to be, can the Destructive Blade then show the damage it deals separately from the destructive blast? Though currently, Destructive Blade doesn't show up as a weapon either. Do the talents that modify destructive blast use the doomblade's level as the caster level, or do they use the mageknight's caster level? As currently, they're using the mageknight's caster level, but not sure if they should be using the doomblade's level as the caster level.

Last edited by Shareeth; August 14th, 2021 at 03:09 AM. Reason: added a question.
Shareeth is offline   #1023 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old August 14th, 2021, 07:47 AM
Well, that Sphere of Might v1.18 was a horrible update, now my Hero Lab is hosed and needs to be rebuilt!

1. I tried reinstalling the SOM update, no luck.
2. I tried deleting it and installing from scratch, no luck
Anderlorn is offline   #1024 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old August 14th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Ugh, I am able to recover until the Sphere's of Might Install. Once I install SOM, everything becomes corrupted. Probably incompatible with another 3rd party pack or something else?

Last edited by Anderlorn; August 14th, 2021 at 09:36 AM.
Anderlorn is offline   #1025 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 14th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlorn View Post
Ugh, I am able to recover until the Sphere's of Might Install. Once I install SOM, everything becomes corrupted. Probably incompatible with another 3rd party pack or something else?
What 3rd-party content do you have besides Spheres of Might? Also, what error do you get when SoM is installed?
TheIronGolem is offline   #1026 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 14th, 2021, 12:42 PM
I have posted updates for the legacy War, Life, and Illusion handbooks.

Download these if you have legacy SoP, but not if you have USoP. In fact, if you have USoP, now is a good time to remove the update URL's for all the legacy packs it replaces (i.e. SoP core, Expanded Options, and every handbook except Bear and Wild Magic).

More updates are coming.

EDIT: Bear, not Blood.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; August 14th, 2021 at 01:26 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1027 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old August 14th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Here is a list of my 3rd Parties besides Spheres ...

I reinstalled everything from scratch, including the Hero Lab Client, and everything was good until I installed SOM. After that, the error messages appeared.

Current 3rd Party Modules

Here is the error message and it is pretty significant, not only did Spheres get removed from selection, also all of my other 3rd party installations disappear as well as even my Hero Lab module purchases disappear.

Current Error Message

Last edited by Anderlorn; August 14th, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Anderlorn is offline   #1028 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 14th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlorn View Post
Here is a list of my 3rd Parties besides Spheres ...

I reinstalled everything from scratch, including the Hero Lab Client, and everything was good until I installed SOM. After that, the error messages appeared.

Current 3rd Party Modules

Here is the error message and it is pretty significant, not only does Spheres is no longer in selection, also all of my other 3rd party installations disappear as well as even my Hero Lab module purchases disappear.

Current Error Message
That error comes from the Life handbook (it's conflicting with common-file updates that came with SoM 1.18), and should be fixed by the update I posted for it along with War and Illusion.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1029 Reply With Quote
cantroy

Old August 14th, 2021, 01:33 PM
And of course, I have a different error. Small though, as I only have it in the new full book, but it works fine with the previous files. Sphere Cleric level 1, candidate is undefined, and I lose my spheres. Luckily, I have a few PCs with Herolab, and the one at the game desk has the old files still. My main one has my character as "broken". It is relatively easy to replicate.
cantroy is offline   #1030 Reply With Quote