Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

daddystabz

Old August 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
Hi there..

Not wishing to be a nag or a pest.. I was wondering if we're still on target to possibly have the next update by August 27th or 28th (Thursday or Friday of this week)?

My group wants to update to the final rules on our regular session on 31st, and as GM I was hoping to be able to use the HeroLab to validate characters before then.

If it can't be done, I understand. I won't complain or anything. I just want to make sure my expectations are in line with reality.

Thanks much!
My group is in the same boat. We are really anxious to use HeroLab properly for our game to break away from PCGen but right now we are missing important feats and functionality. One of my players and myself are checking here daily in anticipation of a fix.
daddystabz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 28th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Am looking forward too it as well.
chiefweasel is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Lackoffocus

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Looking forward to the Update, any ETA.
Lackoffocus is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
My group is in the same boat. We are really anxious to use HeroLab properly for our game to break away from PCGen but right now we are missing important feats and functionality. One of my players and myself are checking here daily in anticipation of a fix.
I don't want to nag the guys further, because I don't want to undermine what they are able to accomplish today..

..but I was glad to hear you say that about PCGen.

So many folks look at me crazy when I say I prefer HL over PCGen (without having trying both). I realize price plays a factor, obviously, but a few years ago I found PCGen to be bloated, sluggish, and really confusing.

And I'm not a programmer, but I attribute it to just trying to do too much at once. In the end I decided I'd rather pay for something and have it work well.
JimGroves is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Lackoffocus

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
I don't want to nag the guys further, because I don't want to undermine what they are able to accomplish today..

..but I was glad to hear you say that about PCGen.

So many folks look at me crazy when I say I prefer HL over PCGen (without having trying both). I realize price plays a factor, obviously, but a few years ago I found PCGen to be bloated, sluggish, and really confusing.

And I'm not a programmer, but I attribute it to just trying to do too much at once. In the end I decided I'd rather pay for something and have it work well.
I have used both, I like Hero Lab better. It has a better interface and crashes less. But for a free program PCGen is worth it.
Lackoffocus is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old August 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I hope I like HL better! But until the editor is out I really can't tell you!

Seriously, I really appreciate PCGen and their attempt to do an opensource PC editor. I program (as a hobby) and I find the PCGen system more confusing than C, C++, Java and PHP.

So I'm excited about the possibility of HL providing a cleaner interface to the guts so that I can tinker with the rules. I'm hoping they eventually provide the functionality of DMGenie...which was fantastic campaign management program when it was out.
Micco is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hi all,

We definitely plan to do an update real soon now. Mathias just figured out a major simplification we can do to make life a lot easier for data file authors down the road. If it'll work, it might delay the release until tomorrow, but we definitely want to get it out Soon.
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote