Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vigoroso

Old February 13th, 2023, 08:01 AM
Hello. I am trying to create a magic item for an animal companion that does the following...

This ornate military saddle, tooled with an elaborate equine motif, grants the mount’s rider a +5 competence bonus on Ride checks and the benefit of the Mounted Combat feat. If the rider already has the Mounted Combat feat, she instead gains the benefits of Ride-by Attack feat. In addition, the mount gains a +5 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks and the benefits of any teamwork feats possessed by its rider.

My problem is two-fold.

First, how do I grant the feats to the hero (rider), and not to the animal companion to which the magic item is equipped. "...grants the mount's rider...the benefit of the Mounted Combat feat"

Second, how do I write an eval script for "If the rider already has the Mounted Combat feat, she instead gains the benefits of Ride-by Attack feat."
Vigoroso is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2023, 09:48 AM
You can't set up a bootstrap on one character that is generated from another character. I'd create an adjustment that the rider can add that grants them the feat (and a second adjustment that requires mounted combat and grants ride-by).

It is possible to have a bootstrap permanently on EVERY character using a Mechanic pick, and then set up the live state of that bootstrap to check for a Custom.XXXXX tag assigned by the minion, but that requires extra copies of Mounted Combat and Ride-by-attack on every single character, just in case the minion of one of them adds an ornate military saddle - much simpler to just create the adjustments - I really don't feel this is worth it.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Vigoroso

Old February 13th, 2023, 11:06 AM
Thank you Mathias
Vigoroso is offline   #3 Reply With Quote