Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MagicSN

Old December 1st, 2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekwych View Post
I'm sure you meant ongoing but ungoing works quite well.
Yeah, you're right. Ongoing.

Hopefully my copy of the DMG will arrive today or tomorrow, as well.

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Taldren

Old December 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Multiclass Warlock implementation still ungoing, but around 80% done.
I knew this would be tricky ;-)
Just remember that Warlock Invocations are Character level based, not class based However, you can only change your Invocations when you gain a Warlock level.

The number of Eldritch Blasts is also Character level based, since caster level doesn't exist anymore in 5e.

I would figure that Pact Magic would be the easiest to setup for multiclass since it is completely separate from spell casting classes.

Last edited by Taldren; December 1st, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
Taldren is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
Just remember that Warlock Invocations are Character level based, not class based However, you can only change your Invocations when you gain a Warlock level.

The number of Eldritch Blasts is also Character level based, since caster level doesn't exist anymore in 5e.

I would figure that Pact Magic would be the easiest to setup for multiclass since it is completely separate from spell casting classes.
Invocations+Cantrip character level based -> already all working since quite some while ;-)

Ah, I need to recheck if the "exchanging Invocations at a higher level" works correctly, I think I might have overlooked that. But this is easy to fix. Will put it on the todo list to check.

The whole problem with multiclass was the calculations of the spell slots as Warlock internally is counted as a "full caster", but regarding spell slots it is a "nocaster", as he does not have conventional spell slots, so there are some if-then-else involved, and especially I have to test all the special cases if everything works (For example a Eldritch Knight + Warlock Multiclass character has spell slots based on 1/3 his Eldritch Knight Level, added to which are Warlock Slots (Short Rest based) based on his Warlock Level.

(I have a little display of the Spell Slots - and for the Warlock Spells/Short Rest - on the second page of the PDF, it's actually also displaying crossoff-boxes for some
magic items and for the spell-recovery features of druid and wizard).

Well, anyways the stuff is basically implemented, but there are still a few bugs with some multiclass-combinations (which I will have fixed soon though).

What is not working correctly at all yet is the extra Cantrips for the Tome Pact for a Multiclass Warlock having Warlock as his secondary class, I need to change the implementation there.

MagicSN

Last edited by MagicSN; December 2nd, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
MagicSN is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
We do not have anything to announce right now with Wizards of the Coast. We would love to support D&D Next through Hero Lab and are currently in discussions about doing so. If that's something you would like to see, we definitely encourage you to share that with WOTC as well.
Just curious, has there been any new developments that might allow 5ed support for Hero Lab?
dafrca is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old December 3rd, 2014, 02:27 AM
Nope, still no movement
talsharien is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:38 AM
My DMG arrived in the meanwhile and I started with the DMG implementation (have the optional Spellpoint rule nearly finished, and
some new Magic Items added).

BTW: What is you guys opinion on "Wall of Text" items (some of the items have reaaaally long text which does not really make them
suited for a PowerCard - stuff like Apparatus of Kwalish).

I see the following options

- Only list a reference on PHB/DMG Page for such items, not the complete description
- List a very shortcut and incomplete description for them
- Make a "somewhat complete" description, but without all the details (missing tables to roll on and stuff)

Or does anyone have a better idea? ^^

With spells I usually reworded them slightly and removed "obvious" text passages until they fit into the PowerCard (one of the
big things on my implementation is that there is not a single cut-off word on the PDF - one thing which had always annoyed me
on the 4e Datafiles).
MagicSN is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:13 AM
I would keep it kind a short, (I think there is a txt limit anyways). Just enough to know what it is and with maybe a reference to where to find it.
Frodie is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I would keep it kind a short, (I think there is a txt limit anyways). Just enough to know what it is and with maybe a reference to where to find it.
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines as well (well, anyways currently I am only implementing the items with short descriptions, there are enough of those already ^^). Quite some work, would work much better with more than 1 person doing it.

And yes, there is a text limit.

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:48 AM
Hopefully they will release the OGL and you can have others help you out.
Frodie is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old December 3rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines as well (well, anyways currently I am only implementing the items with short descriptions, there are enough of those already ^^). Quite some work, would work much better with more than 1 person doing it.

And yes, there is a text limit.

MagicSN
Yeah go with shortened descriptions and a reference.
talsharien is offline   #90 Reply With Quote