Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EberronKnight

Old September 19th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I feel for you CapedCrusader as I've been dying for the SC 2 for Herolab and that won't be worked on until after the Sci-fi Companion. I wish I could help, I've played with hero lab and entered in data for my personal use but that's all I'm good for.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old September 19th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hey, I might be a resource. While I've never used the Editor, how hard can it be?
(Yes, I'm joking on that front).

Seriously, if there's anything I can help with, just ask. I'm fluent in Hero Lab, having created quite a handy ruleset for Castles & Crusades.

I did have one question however, while working on the Nova Praxis, there's a skill that replaces 3 others. In the editor, I found where a skill I'm creating can replace a single other thing, but how would I replace 3?

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Don't use the replaces function at all, actually. Instead go to the Preclude tab and preclude the things you don't want to appear and you're good to go. If you use the Replaces function it will replace all instances of that thing everywhere, even in the data files you might not be using at that moment. That is definitely one of those big "gotchas" that needs to somehow get pointed out in big bold letters someplace because I definitely made the same mistake when I started using the Editor and I know a lot of other people that have run into that as well.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Don't use the replaces function at all, actually. Instead go to the Preclude tab and preclude the things you don't want to appear and you're good to go. If you use the Replaces function it will replace all instances of that thing everywhere, even in the data files you might not be using at that moment. That is definitely one of those big "gotchas" that needs to somehow get pointed out in big bold letters someplace because I definitely made the same mistake when I started using the Editor and I know a lot of other people that have run into that as well.
*Raises hand*

Fortunately, I wasn't clear on how to use either Replace or Preclude (which I still think is harder when doing it for large numbers of things than it needs to be) so I didn't get very far.
Paragon is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
I still use replaces for specific things. But I know why I want to do so. It is for when you really want to replace the original version for some reason. In some cases it was just so I could make something turn itself into a "no print" when its Improved version is also on the same character. But in most situations it is better to preclude the original and make a new one with a source on it.

If you ever do use a "replaces id", be sure to never, ever give it a source.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Waste93

Old October 30th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Any update for the Supers 2nd Edition?
Waste93 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
WayneLigon

Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste93 View Post
Any update for the Supers 2nd Edition?
This is a huge issue for me, and becomes bigger every day We're about to start a new supers game and want to use Hero Lab for everyone's PC's as well as the GM doing NPC's.
WayneLigon is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2014, 08:15 PM
Supers 2nd Edition is in line behind the Sci-Fi Companion material (which is about half to 2/3 complete), so it'll be spring before it's available.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:45 AM
My group has essentially decided to run Necessary Evil as an SPC2 game, so I have a very rough, very preliminary, totally unofficial-and-so-terrible-that-nobody-would-want-it SPC2 source file. It requires the SPC add-on and will very likely be not even remotely as good or even compatible with the official SPC2 release Lone Wolf will do, but you can always PM me if you want to see if it will work for you guys in the short term.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 5th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Work on the Sci-Fi companion was announced a little less than a year ago (it will be a year in 19 days). Is there anything that any of us can do to help to get it moving forward? My own Hero Lab Fu has improved quite a bit this last year.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #60 Reply With Quote