Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Mathias

Why can't we set up the XP Advances to just take a value the user inputs into the advance? I know it's not ideal, but we need to do this anyway to account for Elite Advances. These are advances NOT on the user's normal lists, but that the GM allows them to add to their character for a fixed XP amount, and they're not restricted to the normal lists.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; November 25th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
RavenX is offline   #391 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mathias

I'm still thinking on how to handle the XP advances, looking at Dark Heresy as you suggested, I'm seeing XP tables that are primarily "Class" based. You get the "Career Path" (Character Class) advance lists but that's primarily it. I'm thinking we could still use a table based system for this, each advance would require specifying Career Path/Rank/XP Cost in DH or RT as far as I know. Deathwatch would have a few additional options under Career path to cover the chapters, deathwatch and general marine advances, but the Specialty advances are essentially the same as career paths.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #392 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
To those who have been messaging me about sharing the data, I've said this before, and I'll say it again here, I'm not going to hand this data out until it is done and working properly. Period. I will ignore future private messages pushing me to share the data until it is finished. I'm still in the process of figuring out the XP system, I still have a to-do list of things that need to be done on it. Until it's passed my personal quality control and is working fully, I'm not sharing it. So please stop begging/asking me to do so.

RavenX is offline   #393 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I am going to work on the Proficiency System next. Basically, this component will work similar to what is implemented in Pathfinder. With Proficiency Talents dictating which proficiencies in weapons / armor a character has. There will have to be two types of talents, ones that do groups of weapons similar to Simple, Martial and Exotic weapons in pathfinder, but instead being Bolt, Plasma, Flame, etc.

Edit: 27-November-2013: While toying around with the system tonight I decided to try adding a chapter through the editor, found a few bugs that had to be fixed in the coding. I've made fixes to the data and the chapters are now doing what they're supposed to do to. I still have a few things that need testing in addition to building guys, I don't know when this will be finished.

Last edited by RavenX; November 26th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
RavenX is offline   #394 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Space Marine Implants are now bootstrapped from the Chapter, and ImplantMis tags are working properly on the Chapters. I had to move this from the race we'd initially used as a starting point to get this working the way it should in the editor. When building a Chapter in the editor you can just specify the deficiency tags for implants and those implants will not show up on the list on the Space Marine's Cybernetics tab.

Data Entry Inquiries: Some of you have inquired about possibly adding data to these data files for me, I just want to say thank you for the offers. At this time I will not be accepting assistance in adding data. Due to the way some of these books have popped new materials on me that I've had to incorporate into the data, I will not be accepting help. By using the editor I've uncovered a large number of problems that had to be fixed and a few things that had to be reworked in the coding. These are issues that would be harder for me to resolve with someone else adding data for me. I must ask that people stop inquiring about data for these files. I plan on adding the data from these books myself without assistance to make sure that all of the components work like they're supposed to and that everything goes smoothly.

good news everyone! you may have read that I professor Farnsworth's voice, of so give yourself a pat on the back. Now for the actual news. I've added the four chapters from first founding to the data and tested the editor. I've fixed a few bugs in the editor and it's starting to shape up nicer now.

Successor Chapters were first presented in Rites of Battle, with a generalized way of doing them. Some of these chapters were reprinted in more detail in Honour the Chapter. Since the later tome has the most recent data and is an update to what was originally pushed out in the former text, I am going to use the later tome for those successor chapters. Successor Chapters that were not updated in the later tome shall be created using the quick and dirty methods discussed in Rites of Battle. Minotaurs Chapter, I'm not sure who it was that requested this one, while fiddling around in the editor, I was able to build the generic Codex marine components. Minotaurs and other "Codex" successors will be built as quickly as I can type out the descriptions and bootstrap the important abilities. You're welcome.

Last edited by RavenX; November 29th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
RavenX is offline   #395 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 27th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Mathias,

I had a question, when building an it_bootcustom for the editor, how do you make specific fields appear on the custom area? Like for say Pathfinder's spell-like abilities, how you have the number of charges that a spell-like ability shows, how would I make that appear in the bootcustom?

Last edited by RavenX; December 5th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.
RavenX is offline   #396 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 30th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mathias,

I've been working on building a new thing for adding psychic powers to characters since this one of the simplest advancement types in the game system. I can add a new psychic power as an advancement, but the power itself doesn't show up on the psychic powers tab when I do. Why isn't the power actually showing up?

Here is the new thing I built for adding a new psychic power
Code:
  <thing
    id="advNewPsy"
    name="Gain a New Psychic Power"
    compset="Advance"
    description="Select a new Psychic Power of your choice.">
    <fieldval field="advAction" value="New Psychic Power"/>
    <fieldval field="advDynamic" value="component.PsyPower"/>
    <tag group="Advance" tag="AddNew"/>
    <!-- Modify tagexpr to deny psychic powers that have already been added to the character -->
    <eval index="1" phase="Render" priority="1000">
      <before name="Assign Dynamic Tagexpr"/><![CDATA[
      ~get the list of all psychic powers on the hero and assemble it as a list of precluded tags
      var tagexpr as string
      tagexpr = hero.tagids[PsyPower.?," & !"]
      ~if there are any tags to exclude, append them to the tagexpr appropriately
      field[advDynamic].text = splice(field[advDynamic].text,tagexpr," & !")
      ]]></eval>

<!-- Attach the child entity for tracking the advance -->
    <child entity="Advance">
      <tag group="Advance" tag="MustChoose"/>
      </child>
    </thing>

RavenX is offline   #397 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Here is a screenshot of what I've built for the Advances tab so far.

I've added a fair amount of data from Honour the Chapter, and other supplements to test the editor's functionality and smooth out issues that were there. It still has a ways to go before its done but I am slowly grinding through it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Dec 4 2013.JPG (218.7 KB, 14 views)

RavenX is offline   #398 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Ok guys, I'm going to start dissecting this thread over the coming days into smaller question threads for Mathias to answer. I will still use this thread for progress updates until the data is ready for release (at which point a new thread will be created).

RavenX is offline   #399 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Progress Report

So as of today the editor has undergone quite a few changes since Thanksgiving week started. I've been busy fixing issues that needed to be fixed in the Editor. Fortunately, I believe most of the issues are now fixed with the editor.

I may rename this data file into 40K Roleplaying instead of Deathwatch to account for future expansion plans, but aside from that the core of what I've created here so far is Deathwatch.

The XP system has a direction and is still in the process of being built.
The proficiency system is still being hammered out as well. I'm focusing on bug hunting as well while I go through the process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lootas and Wrekkas Waaagh.JPG (230.4 KB, 7 views)

RavenX is offline   #400 Reply With Quote