Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2015, 12:01 PM
@Hargert, it doesn't hurt to send an email to support@wolflair.com.
liz is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old September 25th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Email sent, I hope there is a fix soon.
Hargert is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 28th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Make sure you feedback it to MS as well, it could be a windows issue with the build.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old September 30th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Tried with version 7.3 and still getting the problem. Just a FYI.
Hargert is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 30th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I just received an email with a beta version. This beta version fixed the issue for me (I did do a clean install of hero lab just in case).
Togainu is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old October 13th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Just a heads up to everyone on the Insider fast ring. There is a new build out for Windows 10 (10565 build).

The BETA client some of the insiders on the fast ring are currently using seems to be working at least with the update server. My license hasn't been reset yet so I can't confirm if the communication with the license server is fully working yet.
(Also tested the current live build of Hero Lab the same errors exist as there was in the 10457 build. So the beta build is currently still a requirement for fast ring users)

I will report back as soon as my reset has gone through so everyone will know the status on the new build.

Update: The license communication is also fully working. With that it seems the Beta build is fully functional in regards to this new build

I don't know if the slow ring now got the 10457 build. If so there is a big chance you might have to contact support and ask for a test build of Hero Lab.

Last edited by Togainu; October 13th, 2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: update
Togainu is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
scarymike

Old October 19th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Just a heads up to everyone on the Insider fast ring. There is a new build out for Windows 10 (10565 build).

The BETA client some of the insiders on the fast ring are currently using seems to be working at least with the update server. My license hasn't been reset yet so I can't confirm if the communication with the license server is fully working yet.
(Also tested the current live build of Hero Lab the same errors exist as there was in the 10457 build. So the beta build is currently still a requirement for fast ring users)

I will report back as soon as my reset has gone through so everyone will know the status on the new build.

Update: The license communication is also fully working. With that it seems the Beta build is fully functional in regards to this new build

I don't know if the slow ring now got the 10457 build. If so there is a big chance you might have to contact support and ask for a test build of Hero Lab.
I'm running Build 10565 and cannot connect to Hero Lab. I'm waiting on tech support to get back to me. Thanks for posting this information.
scarymike is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
IrishMarshal

Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:42 PM
Was sent hl73_beta574 and it still doesn't work for my Win 10 machine. I'd really like to use it on my laptop. And had planned on purchasing some additional games and data packages, but am going to wait. Not sure if the limited use I have right now is worth it.

Are there any other programs that will let you build Shadowrun 5e and Savage Worlds characters?
IrishMarshal is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
bblake8480

Old October 24th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I'm also running into this "can't connect" issue with Windows 10. I'm an Insider running the Windows 10 fast ring updates. Submitted a ticket a couple days ago before I saw this thread. At least now I know it's a known issue.
bblake8480 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMarshal View Post
Was sent hl73_beta574 and it still doesn't work for my Win 10 machine.
Seeing I haven't heard anyone else having issues with the beta version I expect something else must be going on for you. My best guesses I can give are:

1. Servers might have been down/giving an error (If this was the case then it should work just fine now. I can at least contact/connect to them)
2. Firewall or something else blocking the communication

Best to contact support and try to work out what is causing the issue still for you.

Last edited by Togainu; October 26th, 2015 at 10:15 AM.
Togainu is offline   #40 Reply With Quote