Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old June 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM
As I understood it, type abilities (like darkvision from the aberration type) don't cost you anything, so why should subtype darkvision cost? I'm not aware of an official ruling in the other direction, but if anyone could point me to one I'll gladly change it over.
Aaron is offline   #331 Reply With Quote
lostwriter

Old June 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
As I understood it, type abilities (like darkvision from the aberration type) don't cost you anything, so why should subtype darkvision cost? I'm not aware of an official ruling in the other direction, but if anyone could point me to one I'll gladly change it over.
The rules for the type abilities state the the cost of the abilities are built into the cost for the type. There is no such statement for subtype.

If you look at the all of the race examples on page 239 - 247 you will see cost for darkvision, low-light vision, etc. It is free for the Aasimar, but costs 2pts for the Dhamphir.

The Humanoid in the book lists no free abilities like the other types.

The only note about this that I could find is here: http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz4kne?What-about-subtypes#5
lostwriter is offline   #332 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old June 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Ok here is a bug that has been around for a while.

Under Armor choose a chain shirt the arcane spell failure is listed as 30%, it should be (according to Pathfinder Core Book) 20%.

Now choose magic armor and choose chain shirt, the arcane spell failure is listed as 30% when it should be 20%. Now choose to make it out of mithral. Now the arcane spell failure should drop by 10% but it doesn't.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #333 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM
The Hexcrafter archetype for the Magus gets all spells 6th level and lower with the curse descriptor added to their spell list. Brand is a 0 level spell with the curse descriptor, but it is not added to the spell list when you select the Hexcrafter archetype.
alientude is offline   #334 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old June 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
In the Advanced Race Guide, creating a Custom Race - Advanced and giving it the Custom Racial Trait of "Flight" results in it having a maneuverability of Poor on the character sheet (and a -4 to Fly checks) instead of having Clumsy (and thus a -8 to Fly checks).
enrious is offline   #335 Reply With Quote
lostwriter

Old June 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I asked the question in the Paizo forums to get further clarification.
lostwriter is offline   #336 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2013 View Post
Ok here is a bug that has been around for a while.

Under Armor choose a chain shirt the arcane spell failure is listed as 30%, it should be (according to Pathfinder Core Book) 20%.

Now choose magic armor and choose chain shirt, the arcane spell failure is listed as 30% when it should be 20%. Now choose to make it out of mithral. Now the arcane spell failure should drop by 10% but it doesn't.
I can't replicate this. I am showing Chain Shirt as correctly having a 20% arcane failure rate, are you sure you aren't looking at Chainmail? That is a medium armor with a 30% failure rate.

Furthermore, my tests show the percentage correctly decreasing by 10% when adding the Mithral material to a custom magic armor.
Aaron is offline   #337 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old June 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Tool, Masterwork only shows the Craft skills as choices. It should show any skill as a choice. At a minimum, for PFS, but there are many things that could qualify as masterwork tools for various skills.
kinevon is offline   #338 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old June 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
the "recommendation" that the Glory domain (and its sub-domains) be used with positive energy channelling causes an annoying validation error. Especially as there is an evil deity (General Susumu) that grants the glory domain and heroism subdomain.
radionausea is offline   #339 Reply With Quote
AntHover

Old June 30th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Problem:
Spells added to a Wizard spellbook cannot be added to a Magus spellbook, and vice-versa.

To replicate:
Create a new character with Ultimate Magic enabled, other settings appear not to affect this problem.
Add one level of Wizard and one level of Magus, order not important.
Pick one of those classes, open it's spellbook and add spells shared on both spell lists.
Open the spellbook for the other class and look for the same spells to add.

There's also a problem with the spellbook window auto-adjusting it's height off the top of the display screen when adding a large number of spells, possibly preventing access to some of the spells listed unless the spellbook is closed and reopened. I noticed this when adding all 1st level Wizard spells whilst testing the above problem.
AntHover is offline   #340 Reply With Quote