Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AncientOne

Old January 13th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks much, Temohjyn!
AncientOne is offline   #281 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old January 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
armidale I noticed on my Gunslinger that when I got to level 2 that it counts the Nimble (ex) ability in the stats but does not describe it in abilities.
Dragnmoon is offline   #282 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old January 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
armidale I noticed on my Gunslinger that when I got to level 2 that it counts the Nimble (ex) ability in the stats but does not describe it in abilities.
It's not present in the XML, so no character sheet (including the built-in one) will show it.
armidale is offline   #283 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old January 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
It's not present in the XML, so no character sheet (including the built-in one) will show it.
ahh then I will report it as a Bug
Dragnmoon is offline   #284 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old January 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
"Armidale's Pathfinder Sheet" updated to Version 3.14:
  • Add "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks" output option to change weapon block for 1-hand (including light) weapons to a format that shows a table of attack/damage bonuses for various ways of wielding the weapon, especially for 2-weapon fighters. (Requested by temohjyn)
  • "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks" defaults to the value selected in the character's Output Options settings in HeroLab.
  • Always display weapon class (light, 1-hand, etc.) in weapon blocks. It was previously only shown in certain cases.
  • Fix "(<type> ability)" labels to work correctly with templates like zombie.
  • Fix weapon special labels ("monk", etc.) for a few weapons, such as brass knuckles, cestus, temple sword, scorpion whip, and wooden stake.
armidale is offline   #285 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old January 19th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Armidale, the two-weapon output box you have looks awesome. Now my players will be deciding between your sheet and AncientOne's for output. Thank you so much for taking my request and making it happen. What a great community!

Just noticed a possible bug. I have an orc NPC with a named, darkwood, composite longbow, STR rating +3. In the weapons section it lists it as a 1-hand weapon and lists it with the full two-weapon output boxes? Might be because it's named, or custom? Or perhaps Hero Lab outputs composite longbows as 1-hand weapons...

Just thought you should know.

Last edited by temohjyn; January 19th, 2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Noticed possible bug:
temohjyn is offline   #286 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old January 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temohjyn View Post
I have an orc NPC with a named, darkwood, composite longbow, STR rating +3. In the weapons section it lists it as a 1-hand weapon and lists it with the full two-weapon output boxes? Might be because it's named, or custom? Or perhaps Hero Lab outputs composite longbows as 1-hand weapons...
Actually HeroLab doesn't provide the information, my sheet has to figure it out itself, and it can't distinguish named weapons (e.g., a named longbow vs a named hand crossbow). Say your weapon is named "Bruce". If you rename it to "Bruce (Longbow, Composite)", it will be detected correctly. So in short, until HeroLab puts the type in the XML, the workaround for named weapons is to put the base type in the name, such as in parentheses after the name.
armidale is offline   #287 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old January 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
Actually HeroLab doesn't provide the information, my sheet has to figure it out itself, and it can't distinguish named weapons (e.g., a named longbow vs a named hand crossbow). Say your weapon is named "Bruce". If you rename it to "Bruce (Longbow, Composite)", it will be detected correctly. So in short, until HeroLab puts the type in the XML, the workaround for named weapons is to put the base type in the name, such as in parentheses after the name.
Sounds good, thanks for the workaround.
temohjyn is offline   #288 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Armidale/AncientOne - both your sheets don't work properly with the new Mac beta, weapons only show the property (like +1) and not (+1 Keen Longsword). Not sure if this is a mac beta issue or something in the sheeets themselves.
mallardduck is offline   #289 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardduck View Post
Armidale/AncientOne - both your sheets don't work properly with the new Mac beta, weapons only show the property (like +1) and not (+1 Keen Longsword). Not sure if this is a mac beta issue or something in the sheeets themselves.
Chances are it's a mac beta issue. If you select "Generate XML File" as the custom output format, you can look in the weapons section for the name to see.
armidale is offline   #290 Reply With Quote