Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Unseelie

Old January 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
How about an 'Open Portfolio' button on the 'Select a Game' dialog. It's really annoying to have to open a blank portfolio and confirm hero settings, just to be able to select 'Open Portfolio' from the file menu.

And yes, I know I can double click on a portfolio file...
Unseelie is offline   #221
Silveras

Old January 29th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
How about an 'Open Portfolio' button on the 'Select a Game' dialog. It's really annoying to have to open a blank portfolio and confirm hero settings, just to be able to select 'Open Portfolio' from the file menu.

And yes, I know I can double click on a portfolio file...
There's an "Open File" button between the "Ok" and "View Manual" buttons on that blank hero record. That takes me to the Open File dialog where I last saved a Portfolio.
Silveras is offline   #222
Unseelie

Old January 29th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
There's an "Open File" button between the "Ok" and "View Manual" buttons on that blank hero record. That takes me to the Open File dialog where I last saved a Portfolio.
If you mean the 'Configure Your Hero' pane, there certainly isn't one there on the Mac OS. I'll have to look at Windows when I get home.
Unseelie is offline   #223
Silveras

Old January 29th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
If you mean the 'Configure Your Hero' pane, there certainly isn't one there on the Mac OS. I'll have to look at Windows when I get home.
Interesting.. yes, when you first open the application and the default blank Portfolio opens, the Configure Here there has (on Windows) a button to "Open File".
Silveras is offline   #224
McTaff

Old January 30th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Just thought of something else handy to have for the Min/Maxers: A Damage Per Round calculator. Should be fairly easy to have it spit out in there somewhere, with additional lines accounting for variable conditions (Bane, favoured enemies, cunning weapon, etc). Seen some brilliant .xls ones, but they require you to input numeric variables to represent feats and not all combinations are possible. HL would neatly spit out a nice set of numbers, the only things it would need would be AC, Touch AC and saves of the target.

Extra points given if an aggregate score from the Bestiaries could give average AC's/saves from a given CR.
McTaff is offline   #225
frumple

Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Idea for templates. The ability to have a list of the base creatures abilities of a certain type and have the user select which ones apply. For example a template might require the base creature to lose all bonuses to Stealth that are due to coloration or environment. So having the template generate a list of all modifiers to the skill and have the user select the ones that apply.

Also the ability to have more than one user file open in the editor at a time would be useful for the data file authors when comparing and copying code.
frumple is offline   #226
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
Also the ability to have more than one user file open in the editor at a time would be useful for the data file authors when comparing and copying code.
You can launch more than one copy of Hero Lab at a time, and have an editor open in each.
Mathias is offline   #227
frumple

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM
That snacking sound you hear it me planting heel on hand firmly on my forehead.

Why didn't I ever think of that.... Sigh... Thanks Mathias.
frumple is offline   #228
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
You're hitting yourself on the head with Cheetos snacks?

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #229
Unseelie

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can launch more than one copy of Hero Lab at a time, and have an editor open in each.
In Windows. Not in OS X. I'd also like to see this capability, or the ability to open more than one copy of Hero Lab.
Unseelie is offline   #230
Closed Thread