Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old July 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Once we finish the d20 dataset I'll convert it over to Pathfinder. Some import fine, some do not, lol, but it shouldn't be too long!
Frodie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Question about modern - how do the skills work? Do they follow the d20 model of assigning class skills class-to-class, and having different effectiveness for the ranks applied to class and cross-class skills, or do they follow the Pathfinder model where all ranks are equally effective, class skills apply to all classes once assigned, and there's a bonus for having ranks in a class skill.

The Pathfinder skill system can't be turned back into the d20 skill system, so I'm not sure about the feasability of importing the modern rules into Pathfinder.
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
yea, it's a bit diff, but mostly the same. For the most part, Pathfinder will be core rules with add Modern "flair", (a few skills, feats, etc). Some things will be dropped and not used. I know at one time there was a 3rd PP trying to make a set of rules called "P20", but it never got off the ground. For this dataset, it's just the MSRD put on top of Pathfinder, what works, "works", what don't, gets dropped.
Frodie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 15th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Ok, here are the skills, Lang, weapons and armor. I know some of the easy stuff, but's a start.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modern - Pathfinder.zip (21.6 KB, 7 views)
Frodie is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 16th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I got the feats in but not working yet. The biggest challenge is the rules conversion. To decide what stays and what goes. Some are easy, (move silently to stealth, etc.). Well there are a few more I skills I dropped. Let me know what yall think.
Navigation rolled into Survival – Kind of ok with this, but IDK
Investigation & Research rolled into Perception. I thought of just rolling Inves and Res into one skill, but it looked like they could fall under Perception.
Keep in mind skills are an easy “add in” if we want to put them back, but then, it gets a bit trickery.
Feats – What stays what goes? All the modern repeats went, (two weapon fighting, etc.). Some feats just give a skill bonus to a skill that was dropped. So the feat can be dropped, or reassigned to a different skill that matches the old one.
Occupations – Thinking of putting them in the Traits. Seems to be a good fit.
Any thoughts yall?
Frodie is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Here are the vehicles. More coming
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modern - Vehicles.zip (4.4 KB, 2 views)
Frodie is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Here are the vehicles. More coming
Frodie- A d20 modern set will be awesome if it works.... can ya shoot me a full download when se be done? hopefully it'll be easier than highlander to install.
atlarman is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
lol, it will be about the same. BTW ever get it to work?
Frodie is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, had a few ideas. Keep in mind a lot is based on “how to get this to work in Hero Lab”, so it may not be perfect, but will work.

Ok, Wealth – as a skill. I know – blah, blah, blah. But, it will work. It will also give you the option of not using it and you can just inter gold prices for everything yourself, or you can use it with the DC price amount already on the modern items. I sure there is some kind of conversion, but it seems like everyone has their own idea of what that is. So at least it something to build on and it will work in the program easily, (I do not think there is a way to program this in any other way, but if someone has an idea, please let me know).

Backgrounds – Become traits. Going to “try” and get it to where you can chose your skills, but it may end up just giving a +1 to a hand full of skills.

Base Classes – Not a fan, but they are there. So I am going to make them NPC classes, (you can still play them like any other class, and if you don’t like the “classification”, it’s an easy change in the editor.

All other classes – Make them prestige classes.

Skills and Feats - Drop what is a repeat and roll over what is needed. One big issue that I am on the fence about is the skills – Investigation and Research. I think they should get rolled over into Perception. IDK, the idea is to simply the skills, and there are differences in the skills, but I think that is a good spot for them.
Frodie is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Here is the rest of the equipment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modern - Equipment.zip (19.0 KB, 0 views)
Frodie is offline   #20 Reply With Quote