Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hmmm....for races that set the damage based on the creature's size (aka dragons), this causes an issue. In my case, I found that the half-dragon template wasn't properly applying damage dice if the base creature wasn't medium. So I made my own and put in a script similar to the dragons. When I enlarge him with the size category adjustment, it increases the damage dice applied in the script that already accounts for the increased size. I haven't delved into trying to figure out a way around this. I just wanted to mention it in case people have a similar situation to mine. This is probably a rare corner case, though.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
For anyone wondering, I managed to resolve my issue with the half-dragon natural weapons getting increased incorrectly. It was actually fairly simple because I had already coded in a SpecSource for the natural weapons being applied by the half-dragon template. In this case, then the foreach statement gets modified to this:

Code:
~ If we're not enabled, get out now.
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

foreach pick in hero from BaseNatWep where "!SpecSource.HalfDragon"
  eachpick.field[wDamage].value += field[pAdjust].value
nexteach
This way, the natural weapons that are provided by the Half-Dragon are unaffected by the size category adjustment (since that's already handled in the Half-Dragon template I modified for myself). This same change could be used for the Dragon races. Are there any other races that have damage dice determined in a script in the race?

Last edited by Sendric; May 1st, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Sendric is offline   #12 Reply With Quote