Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jbearwillis

Old May 21st, 2014, 07:51 PM
Sorry to say Vampyre, I do not own RW because of a cash flow problem at the moment. So I can't help you with the Stat blocks. I hope to be able to get it soon. I need to get a couple of things in Pathfinder first and to get the Shadowrun 5th edition game system for hero lab to be caught up on hero lab before I can think of buying RW. So sorry I can't help with that.
jbearwillis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old May 21st, 2014, 08:46 PM
I use RW, and use stat blocks created from my Castles & Crusades plugin for HL.

The statblock output is controlled in the sample ruleset from 'out_statblock.dat'

Uh, is that even in the ballpark about what you're asking?

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:58 AM
@jbearwillis : No need to apologise You have your reasons, and I'm none to tell you you are wrong or right. Not a big deal. In the meantime, I searched the web for stat blocks, to see what it was like, and finally created my own stat block inside RW

It's not as dynamic as it could be together with HL, but... It's already a start.

@BoomerET : Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately, the stat blocks for Fading Suns are different as for PF or any other campaign. Since Fading Suns is (not yet, I hope it will be some day, even if developped by volunteers) in HL, I can't use the same. But I will have a look at those though, it could give me ideas as well

After a few days of looking inside HL files, I don't think I have enough time to just make it happen by myself... Unfortunately. It looks like a hell of a time required to just learn it, plus, since I'm working full time, and having a family, I don't have those required hours.

I've tried everything I could try to convince me to buy it. Even trying out the D20 system (the victory point system is derived from it), and tried playing with the editor to see if I could :
- translate what was already in HL into my mother language
- add everything I needed inside HL with it.

Unfortunately, it didn't worked out well (or I didn't managed to find out).
- I couldn't edit what already was inside HL
- When I added an ability, it didn't replaced the previous one.

So yeah, I can't modify the game system, and if I add, it adds itself to the already existing data.

The authoring kit is the only viable option left, with the full dev on the project. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to learn it.

I guess that I will need to pass on this one, and just do everything manually in RW.

But thanks for your replies and help !
Vampyre is offline   #13 Reply With Quote