Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindme View Post
A few things regarding arrow use and archers:
1) It doesn't appear that weight is being reduced when arrows get used up
2) It would be nice if feats like Point Blank Shot and Rapid Shot showed up in the special section with check boxes just like Deadly Aim uses.
To permanently use up arrows once you're sure how many you've fired and how many of those you were able to recover, go to the weapons tab and delete the stack of arrows. Instead of deleting the entire stack, change the "Sell Qty" to however many arrows you've lost.

Point blank shot is too situational to be reflected in the statblock, but Rapid Shot is already on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywulfe View Post
Okay I discovered a couple of things while working up a WereRat Witch NPC for a game. One is that even in Hybrid Form It does not seem to grant the natural attack appropriate for the animal. In this case a bite attack.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Quote:
The second point is that when I selected the Familiar. It did not seem to grant the Familiar any benefits from the Witch's 9 HD. Familiars are supposed to get treated as having the better of their or their master's HD.
The familiar's benefits are based on the Witch level, not the master's HD.

Quote:
Side Note, while I know that the HD tging does not apply to Skills Feats etc. It would be nice to include that as an optional house rule in the Configure Hero Box.
I'm sorry, what does "HD tging" mean?
Mathias is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD031 View Post
Irristible Dance says in HL there is no save allowed but in the PF Core book it says "Will Partial".
Mathias is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatepunch View Post
The 'Terror (su)' is not showing up for a wizard who specializes in the phantasm school from the advanced players guide until 8th level.

The 8th level ability 'Bedeviling Aura (su)' is appearing at 1st level in place of 'terror'
Mathias is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaran View Post
Hi, did a cursory search and didn't see this mentioned before.

Building a Ranger (Urban Ranger) with the archery combat style. For his combat style feats, I can only choose the feats for which the ranger meets the pre-requisites (in this case, Point Blank Shot). The ranger does not need to meet the pre-requisites for his combat-style bonus feats, so it should give me the full bonus list appropriate for the ranger's level.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. When I add a few levels of ranger, the urban ranger archetype, and then choose Archery as the combat style, the bonus feats table on the ranger tab allows me to select from among many feats.
Mathias is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentro View Post
Hi, (probably the 9034884382 time one asks, but i could not find other posts related to this particular issue:

I created a half-elf / half-dragon pc
The half dragon should add a few things including the breath weapon. However, it is grayed out. Pre-requirements not met. I found in a message of 2009 that this was because of the character not having any HD (so the breath weapon automatically grayed out.)
I found this post:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ource=search#0 as an answer to the following question:
Upon reading the description of Half-Dragons I noticed the breath weapon is dependent upon racial HD. What about humans and other races that do not have racial HD? Do these just not get a breath weapon?

Races with no racial hit die are considered to have 1 HD, because that is the minimum any creature can have

The answer:
source: James Jacobs (Creative Director), Thu, Mar 18, 2010, 10:10 PM

"Correct; a half-dragon with no racial HD would have a breath weapon that deals 1d6 points of damage. Not an awful lot, but this was a purposeful design choice because the flavor of a humanoid half-dragon isn't one that we at Paizo particularly like, and it's one that a LOT of our customers have expressed exasperation with. Primarily because back in the 3.5 days, half-dragon was probably THE most overused template of them all. We (Paizo and our readers) mostly got sick of them, causing the half-dragon to go on the LIST for the last 50 or so print issues of Dungeon. That meant that if someone put a half-dragon into an adventure, they had to have a GREAT reason and GREAT background for that half-dragon"

so are there other reasons why it isn't enabled?
and ofcourse: how do i enable it?
Thanks for bringing this ruling to my attention, I've fixed this for the next update.
Mathias is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
Paladins with the Warrior of Holy Light archetype (APG) get the ability to cure ability damage with their Power of Faith ability at level 8. However, HL states that the ability restores 1d6 points, when it only restores 1d4 as lesser restoration.
Mathias is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgivn View Post
Several Bardic Performance abilities set their abValue variables with "=" instead of "+=" which makes it difficult to modify these values cleanly for homebrew or 3.5 converted entries.
Could you please be more specific than "Several"?
Mathias is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Did a quick search and didn't see this one:

Oracle's with the Haunted curse gets Telekinesis as a known spell at level 5, should be level 10.
Mathias is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaourth View Post
- After lvl2, the DEX bonus seems be used instead of WIS bonus for the ranged attack of the Zen Archer (Monk Archetype).
Could you please be more specific about what you're seeing - what numbers should be going into the calculations you're concerned about, and what are you seeing?

Quote:
- The Furious Focus feat doesn't work when Power Attack is checked in In Play Tab.
Reported many times before:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ocus#post47518
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ocus#post47165
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....0&postcount=28

This is as intended - the first attack bonus is also used for things like AoO's, which makes the use of furious focus a situational bonus.

Quote:
- I think the Overhand Chop feat is bugged for the Two Hand Fighter after lvl 3 : no damage bonus.
This is a situational bonus - Hero Lab does not know if you are making a single attack, or making a full attack, so the user needs to determine whether this applies or not.
Mathias is offline   #120 Reply With Quote