Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CeaDawg

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid that the way a sprite controls a vehicle will use the same mechanisms in Hero Lab as a metahuman rigger jumping into a vehicle, and those haven't been implemented yet.
That's going to be a problem, since the sprites and agents are matrix based.

A rigger, who is jumped in, does not get as many actions as the matrix based entities do, or the drones that are being run from captain's chair, even though the rigger is in full immersion like a hacker running full VR. The drone into which the rigger has jumped gets the meat world initiatives & passes of that rigger. I don't agree with it, but that's what's beaten into me in the forums since SR 1 and each of the succeeding versions. Sprites and agents don't have meat world initiatives available to them for the drone to operate with when one of these is dropped into it.
CeaDawg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
That's going to be a problem, since the sprites and agents are matrix based.
No, it isn't - the sprites and loose pilot programs have skills and attributes that can be looked up the same way a metahuman's skills and attributes can be looked up. It doesn't matter to Hero Lab what sort of character it's looking things up on (other than when it needs to know whether to look up Reaction or Pilot).
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote