Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RKeenJr

Old August 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have a question....

Is it easier to input data into the pathfinder system in Hero Lab than 3.5? I notice that most of the instructions that I have found pretain to entering them into Pathfinder and not 3.5.

I am learning how to enter information and if it is easier to do so in Pathfinder that is what I wish to do.

Thanks for all your input!
Rick
RKeenJr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Both systems are very similar, so I dont think it would matter. I guess it would depend on what system the information is for. The 2 systems are not compatable so if you want to use the same information in each you would need to enter it in both places.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RKeenJr

Old August 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I think what confused me was that the Eberron 3.5 class Artificer was recreated in a 3rd party book (Tomb of Secrets) for Pathfinder. It in turn were entered into HL's Pathfinder system and posted to d20pfsrd.com.

I also found a post giving instruction on how to enter a Warforged and found that it also was for the Pathfinder system.

It just appeared to me that everyone was entering Eberron data into the Pathfinder system instead of 3.5.

I will continue to enter the data into 3.5 as I need it.

Thank you for help,
Rick
RKeenJr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 4th, 2011, 04:03 PM
My two cents: go to paizo.com and download the 3.5 to Pathfinder conversion guide if you don't already have it. It should still be a free download and will tell you everything that changed between these editions of the game. I found that pdf as an invaluable tool when I first started working with Pathfinder and now it has become second nature to me.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote