Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old September 2nd, 2024, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
A possible feature request has been rolling around in my mind for a while now, although I'm uncertain if it would work right or have issues.

Basically, I'm not aware of any components of Foundry's journal documents that aren't functional from within a compendium. While Foundry's scenes/maps are absolutely crippled in a compendium (all you get is the image), and actors and items are fully viewable but non-functional in a compendium, journals seem to work just fine from within a compendium.

My first concern is that I may be wrong, and there may actually be some journal functionality that isn't present in compendiums. If that is the case, the feature I'm thinking about may not be a good idea. (And in general, if anyone knows of elements of journals that don't work in compendiums, I'd appreciate hearing about it anyway.)

But, if journals *are* fully functional from within compendiums, I think it would be great if we could have an option to import journals directly into compendiums (including a shared compendium), rather than into the world. This would free up memory usage for those of us with enormous worlds we want to transfer to Foundry. And if we create new Foundry journals directly in the compendium, this would allow us to keep everything together.

Again, I don't know whether there are any problems with this proposed idea, but I wanted to suggest it, because it could be a good optional way to free up memory and consolidate organization.
Storing Items and Journals directly into Compendiums (with links pointing to the compendium entries) has been added in version 2.11.0

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #201 Reply With Quote