Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vilhjalmr

Old August 15th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
Seems like I need to have a closer look at RW for the management of my own campaign...

As for HL and D&D5 I'm not so sure. Pathfinder with all those complex rules and endless flow of additional material made playing virtually impossible without a tool to manage the information. D5 on the other hand is so simple that you don't always have to investigate rules and their exceptions and discuss them with the players, so you can instead concentrate on real role playing.

It is even possible to play with paper character sheets like in the good old times... in PF that's completely out of scope. I think I should ban electronic tools from the gaming table completely, since in my opinion RPGs are mostly about social interaction between real human beings.

Some people might call me oldfashioned but yes, I am, and proud of it.
Let me re-iterate - Yes, D&D5e is simple enough to build a character and play without e-tools. However e-tools (like Hero Lab) allow me to easily test builds without wasting stacks of paper and pencil, allow me to easily stock up custom-built NPCs, BBEGs, etc, without the constant page-flipping and toil of building from the books.

They are not a necessity; they are a god-send of convenience.
Vilhjalmr is offline   #15 Reply With Quote