Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WKCChampion

Send a message via MSN to WKCChampion

Old July 28th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I think that arrer Boyz just normal orcs with a Bow in place of the shield. They have Light Armour and choppa exactly as common orcs. So I think that they should count...
WKCChampion is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old July 31st, 2005, 12:00 AM
robert, you could be right. I didn't take a look at my army book because I was sure that arrer boyz were just boyz upgraded with bows. Now, looking at the army list I see that they're not only a specific unit choice of their own but they don't have the big 'uns rule listed in their special rules either. This could still use an official clarification but with this info I think you're right and we should go your way at least until further notice.
GMTemplar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 31st, 2005, 04:57 AM
Well, tournies are using the 'Arrer as Boyz for this purpose...Just because they can't upgrade doesn't mean they don't count...Then again would any self respecting Big 'Un use a pe-uny bow?

In truth it doesn't matter much either way as people can create a list and simply ignore the warning and use the other rules...
deathlynx is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old August 6th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Well I'm sure some tournies do and some don't. That doesn't make it any more of an 'official' answer because it is totally dependable on the judges' way of interpreting the O&G army book.
GMTemplar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
WKCChampion

Old August 6th, 2005, 07:56 AM
This topic is very intricate.. I think that Robert should choose
WKCChampion is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
deathlynx

Old August 6th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Let me rephrase by dsaying "Official GW tournies" aka Grand Tournaments, Games Days and Battle Bunker/GW store events...Although we know that the last ones don't mean much as they're really no better then the Rulez Boyz at accuracy...Then again the fact that they haven't put out a clarification in over a year and a half doesn't help either...
deathlynx is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old August 7th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I think official tournaments allow it only because they have not really thought about the whole issue. The phrasing in the book is very unclear and as Arrer Boyz are already so rare it would seem stupid to punish someone for taking them, especially in a tournament.

WKCChampion, there is no 'choosing' as none of us are able to make rulings. This topic will live on until we get an answer. Too bad Druchii.net is down, there are a couple of people there who could know the answer. I don't have much faith in Asur.org or GW forums. It's not really such a big deal, as deathlynx already said, better go the cautious way and just ignore the validation error if you think it works differently.
GMTemplar is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
WKCChampion

Old August 7th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Yes ok
WKCChampion is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
deathlynx

Old August 7th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTemplar
I think official tournaments allow it only because they have not really thought about the whole issue.
Could be quite true...unfortunately as they are "official" tournements sponcered by the game's developer and often with designer staff present it tends to add a certain weight to their rulings...
deathlynx is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old August 7th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlynx
Could be quite true...unfortunately as they are "official" tournements sponcered by the game's developer and often with designer staff present it tends to add a certain weight to their rulings...
Only the studio staff can actually make rulings on WHFB and even then Gav, as the current loremaster, has always the last word. Any other opinion is just a personal interpretation of the rules that might or might not be correct. If this issue has come up, I hardly believe any common judge has gone all the way up with this but instead just given it an 'ok' in order to get the game going. As said, this is not such a fundemental issue and I hardly believe many people even take a second to think about it, instead of just going with one interpretation or the other with a gut instinct.
GMTemplar is offline   #20 Reply With Quote