Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

drakahn99

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:43 AM
trying to get an ability that will add show in the specials list that you may prepare/cast a silent spell without the level adjustment 1/day "if the character also has the silent spell feat, this goes with the wisperium language in midgard setting. ideally i would like to to turn off show in specials and inplay tab under tracked resources but no where close to an idea what to code for turning off that, so working on an alternative to change the text depending on if the feat <> 0.

using this code. however when testing/compiling i get a syntax error source.fSilentSpl not defined

if (hero.tagis[source.fSilentSpl] <> 0) then
field[abSumm].text = "You may prepare or spontaneously cast a silenced spell without the normal corresponding level adjustment"
else
field[abSumm].text = " "
endif
drakahn99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakahn99 View Post
using this code. however when testing/compiling i get a syntax error source.fSilentSpl not defined

if (hero.tagis[source.fSilentSpl] <> 0) then
field[abSumm].text = "You may prepare or spontaneously cast a silenced spell without the normal corresponding level adjustment"
else
field[abSumm].text = " "
endif
Feats are well feats not sources. A source is something you check mark in the "Configure Your Hero" window. In this case to check for a feat use the built in macro #hasfeat[] instead as its allot easier.

My advice would be to watch the four Intro videos to the HL Editor. Video #3 goes into how to find Tags and Fields and you appear to really need to be getting to that info.

Also controlling when something shows in the In-Play tab is pretty easy. In this case when you click on the "Show in tracked resources" on say a Racial Special you will see the number of "Tags" grow by one. When you unclick it the blue button 'Tags' decreases by one. So that is one way to find the tag that controls displaying or not.

Your above code changed to use the macro is:
Code:
~ If we have silent spell feat
if (#hasfeat[fSilentSpl] <> 0) then
else
   field[abSumm].text = " "
endif
Also my advice is to "comment" code and get into the habit now. Comments are any lines that start with "~". This will help you allot when you have to go back and figure out what your trying to do or someone else. Comments should be in plain English describing what it is your trying to do.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote