Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
While working on a province with in my own campaign, Rumors specifically.....

I had an epiphany.

As DMs (GMs for you youngsters) We have the ability to determine what snippets are "truths, partly true, and untrue". But for the player what about when the players edition comes around?

Clarifications,
1>Lets say a PC hears a rumor that, at the time of hearing it, is "untrue", but the PC doesn't know that it is.... till perhaps much later. For the time being, the player's View will display the snippet.

But what happens when the PC knows the information to be false? If the Player determines the PC knows this to be untrue, there is nothing in place to identify the snippet as such (that I have found) In the player view, there is nothing to alert the PC that this information is false. (save me adding to the snippet displayed as "FALSE Rumor")

Will there be a means for the Player to "mark or differentiate" the truths from the 1/2 truths from the lies from the player side? Similar to the means already in place for the DM?

And OR... is there a means to "reveal & display" a 1/2 truth or untruth (lie) once discovered from the DMs side? a search for Truths and untruths currently yields nothing.

On detailed subterfuge, I simply create another snippet and tie them together similar to alias to names. but this method would become truly cumbersome for all the varied "Bar / Tavern " rumors afloat.

Just thinking there may be a need (from a player point of view) to separate the truth from the lie.....

*Thought on the epiphany*

I posted this thread as a new element as it has more to do with the Players version (and its interaction with the DMs version) of RW. I fore see a time that it might be prudent to separate the threads accordingly.... Players Edition Discussions / Requests and not convolute the RW Core thread... Feel free to relocate where it may seem to fit best. just my 2 cp

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; September 4th, 2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Comment on possible need for Players Realm Works Questions and requests
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote