Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
whtknt

Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
I am trying to update the Savage Worlds dataset to Weird War II.

When I opened the Editor and selected "Open data file," I tried to select the "thing_Hindrances" file for editing to add a new Hindrance. On doing so, the system returned the following message:

"This file is not present in the folder for the active game system. You may view the contents of the file, but not modify it."

As I retrieved it from C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\savage\source, where else might it be?

So I tried instead editing the XML file directly using Notepad. I was able to successfully do so, and added the Bullet Magnet Hindrance. I went back into Hero Lab, recompiled the data files, opened the editor, and told it to test the new Hindrance and was able to successfully add it to a character.

However, when I exited and returned to Hero Lab, it is gone, with no trace of ever having existed. What happened?

So then I decided to add a new Derived Trait; Sanity. This time, I opened a "New data file" from within the editor and proceeded to add the Sanity trait. I used the Toughness trait as a baseline, so I'm pretty sure that I got everything right, but even though I have told it to test the Sanity Trait, it does not show up on the dashboard.

Furthermore, when I reopen the ww2.user file (which contains the Sanity trait), I get the same message that I received above about it not being present in the folder for the active game system. Since that is where the program put it, where else would it go?

At this point, my own Sanity is starting to decrease, so please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thank you.
whtknt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote