Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Astinex

Old June 1st, 2017, 07:48 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed already. I've only recently been playing around with the program and had an idea for a feature, I didn't see readily apparent.

So in my campaign world, there is a long history. Many changes have occured over centuries. I was wondering if there was, or is planned to be, a feature that would allow me to enter relevant dates that would change depending on what current date was being looked at in campaign.

Example:
The settlement of Dugan's Hold is established 356ga, (Guilded Age).
Dugan's Hold becomes a village, 372ga
Dugan's Hold becomes a Town, 395ga
Dugan's Hold is razed by a dragon, 401ga

I was hoping there would be a way to enter all these different setting pieces into the campaign world, but the relevant data would only show depending on which date the in-game story was at.

For example if I was running a game in 390ga Dugan's Hold would be a village with the requisite NPCs and such, but the post 384ga events wouldn't show. And if the game advanced in time past 395ga, PCs returning to Dugan's Hold after a 5 year world spanning journey would find it had grown to town size. With the new NPCs being present, and some older NPCs having moved away or passed on.

This way, I could start games at various eras within my game world, but not have to worry about which events took place or hadn't yet.
Astinex is offline   #1 Reply With Quote