Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

skilmar

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I'm considering buying one of the Windows 8 Intel Atom processor computers -- Asus Vivotab, Lenovo Ideatab, etc. My idea is to find something portable, with long battery life, and under $500 US. I would use my Android tablet, but alas, no Hero Lab support yet.

Please share your experiences with any of these tablet/laptops. I'm looking at it for use at the table for Pathfinder -- both as a player and as a GM.

Thanks!
skilmar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
freeAgent

Old August 5th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have used it on a computer with an AMD E-350, which is around the speed you get with an Atom (perhaps slower than the newest Atoms, though faster than the older ones). Hero Lab worked fine on it, though loading portfolios is slow. I use Combat Manager during play, though, not Hero Lab. It's compatible with .por files: http://combatmanager.com/
freeAgent is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old August 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
may want to make sure it is not Win 8 RT
I may be wrong but I believe that they said that it will not work with RT but with normal Win 8
StanC is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Xennhorn

Old December 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I run herolab on a Vivotab just fine .. from full charge and just running herolab the battery easily lasts a 10hr pathfinder campaign section

But as pointed out by StanC make sure its not windows RT .. as windows RT is a closed OS and wont accept 3rd party program installs
Xennhorn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote