Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Brolthemighty

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Alright, so my quest in putting feats in the editor for Pathfinder continues. Right now, I'm working on Arcane Thesis. It was originally for 3.5, and now I'm hoping to translate it to Pathfinder. There are three parts to the feat. The choosing of the spell (which I think I've gotten down), the reduction of all metamagic feats applied by 1 level, and the increase in caster level by 2.

So I'm trying to figure out if I should do this in 3 different Eval scripts....or somehow do it in one big script. Right now, I'm tackling the chosing of the spell, and decreasing the cost of all metamagic applied by 1. In doing so, I've taken a look at the scripting for the trait Magical Lineage. Here it is:

doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

~ Generate our search expression to target the correct spell
var searchexpr as string
searchexpr = "thingid." & field[usrChosen1].chosen.idstring
searchexpr &= " & HasMetaMag.?"

~ Cycle through all the Custom/metamagic copies of our chosen spell,
~ and reduce their effective level by 1 (keeping them from going negative)
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where searchexpr
eachpick.field[sLevel].value = maximum(eachpick.field[sLevel].value - 1,0)
nexteach

So I can kinda see where the script is for choosing the spell and such (it works at least)....but I'm not sure which part of it limits the reduction to only the final adjusted level, instead of EACH feat. I have no scripting knowledge, so I'm shooting in the dark. I don't really know which it is. I think it might be in the timing aspect of it (labeled as post attributes, After Metamagic Level Modifiers). Anyone able to clarify this? Then I can start wading in to how to script it to increase Caster Level for it as well.
Brolthemighty is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:20 AM
You have not included a description of what you're trying to do. Not everyone owns every 3.5 book that you do. Without knowing what you're trying to do, I can't help you.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I coulda sworn I put it in there. Sorry about that, here it is....

Arcane Thesis

You designate a single spell. For that spell, you get +2 Caster level, and reduce all metamagic applied to it by 1 level....essentially.

Yeah....there it is.....at the top of my first post. 3 parts to the feat. What I'm trying to do, is figure out the scripting for such.
Brolthemighty is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Have you looked at the Gifted Adept and Magical Lineage feats? The first of those adds a CL bonus to a chosen spell, and the second reduces metamagic costs for a chosen spell.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Ooooh, the Gifted Adept I hadn't, thank you! The Magical Lineage I have, and used that as the start of my eval scripts, however it only reduces the final metamagic adjustment by one, not every metamagic adjustment. I wasn't sure which part of the script to delete, or how to modify it to do that.
Brolthemighty is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
instead of -1, will it work to say that the sLevel = sLevel - eachpick.tagcount[HasMetaMag.?]?

The number of HasMetaMag tags should be the number of metamagics that were added.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM
You're talking about the script string:

eachpick.field[sLevel].value = maximum(eachpick.field[sLevel].value - 1,0)
nexteach

Right? So replace it with:

eachpick.field[sLevel].value = sLevel - eachpick.tagcount[HasMetaMag.?]
nexteach

Right?
Brolthemighty is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Code:

eachpick.field[sLevel].value = maximum(eachpick.field[sLevel].value - eachpick.tagcount[HasMetaMag.?],0)
leave the maximum in place, just replace the -1 part of it.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Odd, now it's not letting me actually pick the spell. The scripting isn't working.

Edit: Do I need to be doing something with the Timing? Or still have it as After: Metamagic Level Modifiers
Brolthemighty is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolthemighty View Post
Odd, now it's not letting me actually pick the spell. The scripting isn't working.

Edit: Do I need to be doing something with the Timing? Or still have it as After: Metamagic Level Modifiers
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what problem you're trying to convey here. Please elaborate.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote