Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Seems

Old March 1st, 2019, 12:50 PM
I'm making a 12th level staff magus and can't seem to get Weapon Specialization as an option. I have Quarterstaff Master and Weapon Focus in Quarterstaff, but it's still not activating for me as a valid feat choice. I can add it via an adjustment, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if that feature of the archetype needs to be implemented?

Thanks!
Seems is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 1st, 2019, 01:36 PM
I just made up a 10th level magus, selected weapon focus in Quarterstaff and had no trouble being able to select Weapon Specialization. (With and without selecting Quarterstaff Master).
I don't have access to the Staff Magus archetype - which removes Fighter Training, but the Quarterstaff Master feat should still let you specialize.
Double-check what you have selected and try to add the feat again. If you still can't get it working submit a bug report. Something in the archetype or the coding of Quarterstaff master feat must be wrong.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; March 2nd, 2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: More detail
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I just made up a 10th level magus, selected weapon focus in Quarterstaff and had no trouble being able to select Weapon Specialization. (With and without selecting Quarterstaff Master).
I don't have access to the Staff Magus archetype - which removes Fighter Training, but the Quarterstaff Master feat should still let you specialize.
Double-check what you have selected and try to add the feat again. If you still can't get it working submit a bug report. Something in the archetype or the coding of Quarterstaff master feat must not wrong.
Submitted! I tested it with and without the staff magus archetype, and adding the archetype disables the ability to select Weapon Specialization.
Seems is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 2nd, 2019, 02:01 PM
I just tried this:
I create a level 1 magus.
I add the Staff Magus archetype.
I go to Feats and add Weapon Focus (quarterstaff).
I see that Weapon Specialization feat is not marked as a valid choice for the class (I have "Everything" selected, not just "Only Valid items".)
I select the Weapon Specialization feat anyway, and I choose Quarterstaff - the feat goes to black indicating that it is a valid selection.

When initially selecting the Weapon Specialization feat it is not marked as a valid choice because only one specific weapon combination is allowed. When you choose that specific choice, then the feat is marked as valid.

Having looked again, there is even a NOTE in the tooltip for Quarterstaff Master that says that this is how it will work.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; March 2nd, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I just tried this:
I create a level 1 magus.
I add the Staff Magus archetype.
I go to Feats and add Weapon Focus (quarterstaff).
I see that Weapon Specialization feat is not marked as a valid choice for the class (I have "Everything" selected, not just "Only Valid items".)
I select the Weapon Specialization feat anyway, and I choose Quarterstaff - the feat goes to black indicating that it is a valid selection.

When initially selecting the Weapon Specialization feat it is not marked as a valid choice because only one specific weapon combination is allowed. When you choose that specific choice, then the feat is marked as valid.

Having looked again, there is even a NOTE in the tooltip for Quarterstaff Master that says that this is how it will work.
So noted! Thanks all!
Seems is offline   #5 Reply With Quote