Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

etthui

Old February 17th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Hi everybody !
I am writing a new game system data file, thanks for the video, it was a great help ! , but I am stuck with some scripting (?).
I want to set a limit for the total of the options that can be taken by a roster (in cost). A roster would be 400 points with a max of 50 points of options.
Any ideas for help?

I encounter some issues with the ally part... I want to set that a unit (and only this one) can"call" a specific unit. I tried by the options, and it works, but still in the user interface, a error display "Presence invalid for current settings", and I don't want the unit to be shown all the time, just when the option is selected.

I guess that would be something with the ally option, but I can't make it work right...

Last one, still with this "a unit is calling another one, from another race" how can I increase (5 points) the unit cost?

Thank you in advance for your help !
etthui is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 19th, 2015, 05:31 PM
There are a number of approaches you can take for your maximum options dilemma from exclusion groups to tag tracking.

This simplest approach would be to total all points in a global rule check so it red flags when they exceed the limit.

More robust solutions are available, but let's see if that fits what you want first.

As for your other issues, what do you mean by "calling another unit?" Is the unit only available some of the time a squad option or just a unit that you can only add to your roster if the other unit is in the roster. If the latter case, then you can have a global tag that comes in with the required unit and have the dependent unit only live on the roster choices if that tag exists.

Point cost adjustments are usually done with overrides (if the condition is enforceable from global tags and the like) or cost scripts.

Hope this helps. If you give us more details, I'm sure myself or one of the the very knowledgeable regular posters will give you more pointers.

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
etthui

Old February 20th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Thanks for your answer,

How do you write the rule for a total of the option cost? And yes, it could be great if the user sees his "options cost total" as he selects them... I must confess I get a bit lost with the scripts.

For the second point, I want that a squad would be only available if a another squad is selected. I have managed, by creating this unit as an option, to make them appear in the option panel, but they are still selectible without error for the user without the "master unit";
I have two situations, as the squads that can be only recruited by another one: wether this squad is in the race, or not... ( and be the only squad that can be recruited...).

For the overrides or cost scripts, I must say that I haven't been looking that way. Any help could be great !
etthui is offline   #3 Reply With Quote